It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
(female)

cbkl HB User
Exclamation PLEASE READ! *L Ear Fullness, one side swallowing*

Okay so I have found only 1 post on all of the internet with the same symptoms as mine and no one replied and they never posted again with what they found out. I am scared to death! I am only 24 years old and I have 2 babies who need me and yes, Im a smoker. I feel like if something is wrong I brought it all on myself. But here goes.. please reply to this for me if you have any experience with any of these symptoms or have heard of anything. Thank you so much in advance!

Im 24 years old and have been smoking since I was a teenager.
I had my adenoids and tonsils removed in my pre-teen years.

About 7 or 8 months ago, I noticed when I swallowed it felt one sided. Like I could only feel it on the right side. Everyone said I was crazy, that is was nothing, because I am a hypochondriac after all.

I have absolutely no pain what so ever. It was just bugging me. It also felt like when I would take a deep breath that I could only feel the air in my right side of my chest. I know its impossible that air wasnt entering my left.. because I do not have shortness of breath or anything but it was just weird. I asked a doctor and he told me that there were nerves that run down that could be damanged or pinched or something and could cause loss of sensation. I have had my lungs listened to and no one has ever said anything about it sounding funny. Ive been to the doc for sinus infections and stuff so thats when they listened to my legs and looked in my ears and stuff.

Well, recently, it feels like my left ear is stopped up. I have flushed it and there is no wax at all. I blow the air out of my ears and still it doenst help. I dont have loss of hearing it just feels full if that makes sense.

I started feeling of my lymphnodes and I honestly dont know whats swollen and whats not. They arent sore and are mobile however the lymphnode on my left side where I have the ear thing does feel bigger maybe? Idk because I cant feel that one as good as I can the other.

I started massaging it because I was trying to feel how big it was and it made a sharp pain shoot through my head! Kinda freaked me out. On top of all of these symptoms I also have TMJ Im pretty sure because if I move my jaw side to side it affects my hearing and if I open my mouth it pops. Just regular opening like Im going to take a bite of something it pops on the left side, same side as everything else.

As I said, I have NO PAIN. None what so ever. I havent been losing weight or having trouble swallowing my food or anything like that. It just feels like the whole left side from my ear to my chest is just out of whack or something. Besides the symptoms I have listed there is nothing else going on. Im about to go crazy! I also have this hard tube like structure in my stomach that moves around and stuff but was told it was most likely a hernia. Is it possible I have a hiatal hernia pressing up and causing all of this? Im just so confused. I have an appointment tomorrow morning but Im about to go crazy. My son was born 18 months ago and they always done blood work and nothing ever came up but Ive not had any blood work since.

I feel like I may have a tumor or something pushing on my throat causing me to feel it more on the right side but why would that affect my breathing? The thought has also crossed my mind that I have cancer that has spread or something up to my head but Idk how likely that is either without any type of stomach symptoms or breathing issues.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: PLEASE READ! *L Ear Fullness, one side swallowing*

Acid Reflux could cause some of your throat symptoms. You might try reading up on LPR on the acid reflux board. If you have a hiatus hernia, you probably have acid reflux. Sometimes acid reflux can be 'silent'. That means you don't feel the heartburn or 'typical' symptoms. The throat symptoms you described could be due to acid irritation.

Your ear fullness could absolutely be caused by tmjd if you have it. I know that was the case for me. My first tmjd symptom was an ear that didn't pop for over a year. The swollen knots you feel could be muscle spasms from your tmjd. There is good information on both boards.

Reply Reply