It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
(male)

Kurtisvf HB User
Tonsillectomy, Adenoidectomy

I Had My Tonsils And Adenoids Removed And Got Tubes In Both Ears Last Thursday (6-13-13) On Day 8 Of Post Op And Nothing Really Has Changed, I Was In Horrible Pain The Second Day And They Had Me On T3 Liquid So My Mom Called And The Doctors Gave Me Lortab(10/5) Which Wasnt Helping Either Just Putting Me To Sleep. Ive Been Off The Pain Meds To 2 Days Now I Still Have Some But They Just Put Me To Sleep So Why Take Them.. Im Still In Horrible Pain I Havent Really Ate Anything Expect Some Spheghettios . On Monday, Day 4 Post Op I Went To The ER For Dehydration And They Gave Me To Bags Of Water Through IV. They Weighted Me And I Lost 13 Pounds Within Those 4 Days. God Knows How Much Ive Lost Now. It Hurts So Bad To Drink . Im Trying All I Can..

Any Ideas On How To Get Through This Pain And Drink Something?

P.s im 16

Old 06-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
(male)

MikeZero25 HB User
Re: Tonsillectomy, Adenoidectomy

Hey man, I just got my tonsils and adenoids out this Monday (6/24/2013). I also have been in the hospital with an IV (for 2 days). I'm 17, almost 18. Anyways try drinking ice water, it might hurt to swallow anything but you have to force yourself to otherwise you'll get dehydrated again. Stay away from any milk products like ice cream, just creates phlegm which makes it even harder to swallow. I know how bad it hurts, trust me. One thing that helped me was to cough up all the mucus, try coughing into a bowl. You might feel nauseous but you'll feel better once you get it out. I know its hard, seems like everyone tells you something different but it will get better eventually. Feel free to ask me any questions, I might have a few of my own lol

Last edited by MikeZero25; 07-05-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply