It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
(female)

LeeLee81 HB User
I have no idea what this swelling is?????

Hello, I recently posted in the dizziness and vertigo section. I've had vertigo for a year on and off. It all started when I had my ears buffeted by wind on a long car journey, they swelled up just beneath my earlobes on my neck and from then on I got vertigo and have a huge fluid build up in my ear. I've had this fluid in my ears for a year. When I have a vertigo attack the same area of my neck under my ears swells up. For example I felt swimmy for a few days and tried an epley manoeuvre (bad idea) this brought on full rotational vertigo and under my ears immediately swelled up with what I can only describe as a puffy fluidy feeling which I can actually feel when I touch my neck and see it in the mirror. So I rested for two weeks (yes two whole weeks stuck on my sofa with only stematil and betahistine for comfort) I still felt dizzy but decided to try going on a short car journey (bad idea) the vertigo and the swelling came back. I have an ENT appointment on thurs and I don't want to be fobbed off with a BPPV diagnosis, as I believe that this swelling in my ear would indicate something else. Also I lost my vision in my right eye but that came back.

Sorry for the rambling. What I want to know is what lies directly below my earlobe and why would it swell up. Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
(female)

LeeLee81 HB User
Re: I have no idea what this swelling is?????

this is my previous post which gives more information http://www.healthboards.com/boards/dizziness-vertigo/953139-terrible-vertigo-dizziness-where-do-i-go-here.html

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply