It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
(male)

JoeyLaw1 HB User
Bump on tonsils & lack of energy

Over the past week or so I have experienced a distinct lack of energy. Just yesterday I also noticed what I thought was a sore throat, however, I was able to look into my mouth with a mirror and flashlight and found what appears to be a small bump on my right tonsil. It does not hurt, per se, but is definitely noticeable. I am just concerned as to what this could possibly be. The bump is is just about the same red-ish color as the rest of my mouth/tonsils, perhaps slightly more white in color. I was able to take a picture of the inside of my mouth with a clear view of the bump, but I can't seem to find how to include a photo in a post.

Last edited by JoeyLaw1; 06-28-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Bump on tonsils & lack of energy

If your throat is sore with excessive tiredness, plus the bump on tonsil, you might want to see your Dr for a strept culture and possible mono test. It sounds like tonsillitis which can be caused by various bacteria and viruses.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: Bump on tonsils & lack of energy

Yes and if its strep it needs to be treated immeditely are your gland in your neck swollen?cathy

Reply Reply

Tags
throat, tonsils