It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
(female)

Jacq30 HB User
Smile tonsillectomy after age 40, REALLY, its not that bad!

Today for me is day 11 after my tonsillectomy and I FEEL GREAT! After surgery was ok but Day 2 was very hard to swallow but that was because I was coming down with a bad case of thrush and pnuemonia!

I decided to go to the ER, 4 days after surgery, rather than my surgeon because my surgeon said he didnt see a thing wrong with me when I was in his office (2 days after surgery) (even after stating I couldnt breath or sip my meds without severly choking and gasping for air). I wil never refer this surgeon! grrrrrr

Thanks to God, who gave me such a wonderful and intelligent Dr. in the ER, he really helped to save me! I went thru so many tests I was really in bad shape my oxygen was very low etc etc, so once I got on his prescriptions of anti-fungal & antibiotics with my liquid lortab, my recovery went very fast! I felt 150% better in less than 24 hours of the ER visit. After 48 hrs in the ER you would of never known I had my tonsils out!

I wanted to give some of you hope because I have read all these horror stories about the recovery process, it was not that bad with the obsticles I had to overcome. Good Luck to you pre-surgical ones!

Last edited by Jacq30; 06-29-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply