It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
(male)

MikeZero25 HB User
Tonsillectomy HELP

I'm 17 years old (almost 18) male. Long story short, I got my tonsils and adenoids out on Monday (6/24/2013). 3 days later I got admitted in the hospital for pneumonia in my lung, just got out yesterday morning. This past week has been hell, very hard to swallow. I'm worried because last night I coughed/spit up some thick bright red blood but they told me that's normal. Well today I finally gained enough courage to look at my throat and I noticed on the right side near where my tonsil used to be there's this big red bump. I took some pictures and put the links below so you guys can see. I don't know if this is something to worry about like a hemorrhage or if its just normal swelling, can anybody give me some insight? I'm going to see my ENT soon, I just wanted some peace of mind before then. All help is appreciated and don't be afraid to ask any questions!

PICTURE 1: http://s10.*******.org/o6k6n4bl5/0630131108.jpg

PICTURE 2: http://s17.*******.org/qb6bijuof/0630131107.jpg

Old 07-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
(male)

MikeZero25 HB User
Re: Tonsillectomy HELP

Update: I ended up swallowing that thing I was worried about, gross I know. My uvula is still huge, a week after surgery. Is that normal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2013, 04:38 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Yes, that's normal. It will take 2-3 weeks to recover from this procedure.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #4
(male)

MikeZero25 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Yes, that's normal. It will take 2-3 weeks to recover from this procedure.
I seen you around the forums and you seem like you know what your talking about so I have another question for you lol. I'm on the 2nd week, still recovering. I notice when I eat or drink anything I get this horrible taste in my mouth, makes it impossible to eat. Do you know how long that will last? Its kind of funny I can eat some things now but everything tastes bad. My uvulas still swollen but its going down slowly, I see my ent on the 10th so hopefully everything checks out good.

Reply Reply