It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
(female)

madster07 HB User
Unhappy Plugged Ears!!!

I have had a plugged up ear feeling for over a year and a half now. Tried decongestants, flonase, EarPopper, even a device where you blow up a balloon with your nose! Not kidding!! I have been to the ENT several times and had a hearing test done and a pressure test which showed some slight lower or higher pressure in my left ear, which is the worse ear. My ENT placed an eartube in my left eardrum in April with no guarantees. It has not helped at all! If anything, I think it may be worse! I live in a place where to go anywhere you pretty much have to go up and down to different elevations which worsens the situation. But even if I don't my ears still feel pressure, esp. the left one. The only diagnosis I have gotten from the ENT is ETD. I am at my wit's end! It is affecting my work because I am an elementary school teacher and I can't even hear the kids a lot of the time and have to ask them to repeat themselves. I have just made an appt. with another ENT which won't be until August 10th. Last night, I was streaming a movie on my computer and had ear phones in (the kind you insert in your ears) and was laying on my left side, (the side that has the ear with the tube), when I felt something warm coming out of my ear. It was a small amount of blood but enough to freak me out ! This is the 2nd time this has happened. The first time was over 4 months ago and BEFORE I had the ear tube placed, now it has happened again with the ear tube placed! Since it is a holiday today, I just put in the anti-biotic drops she prescribed the last time this happened and I have not seen any more blood, but my ear feels completely plugged up! Last time the blood came out, my ENT was not concerned. In fact, she said upon examination, she could not see anything but a minor irritation which she attributed to using Q-tips. She said my eardrum was fine. I didn't have a sinus infection or a cold and felt fine otherwise as I do this time. My ENT told me last time, it was probably from inserting Q-tips in my ear, but I don't buy that. I have always used Q-Tips. This time it was the ear plug that got it started, but I have never experienced anything like this before in my whole 62 years of life! I had a procedure down a few months before I started feeling like my ears were plugged by a not so great plastic surgeon! It was a mini-facelift in which the surgeon literally cut all around the front and back of my ears causing heavy scarring and a chin lift using a string method. I did not look very much different after the procedure but LOTS of scar tissue has built up around my ears (behind and in front). I told my ENT this but she doesn't agree that the scar tissue has anything to do with my ETD although it started just a few months after the procedure. Does anyone have any experience with any of this?? I hope so! Because the medical community here on this island I live on doesn't seem to know what they are doing! In fact, there is only one ENT on the entire island!! Please help or comment if you have any advice/opinions/experience with this kind of problem!! Thanks! Going Crazy in Paradise!!

Last edited by madster07; 07-04-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
blood, eustachian tube dysfunction, hearing problems, mini face lift, scar tissue