It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2013, 05:36 AM   #1
(female)

123rk HB User
Tonsiliectomy

Hi guys,
I'm writing this as of yesterday 9/7/13 I had a tonsiliectomy. I'm 22 years old and have suffered with tonsilitis since I was 12. Yesterday I couldn't remember much because of all the painkillers but no matter the pain you must drink water. I was given jelly but that stung my throat. When I got home later that night I ate pancakes and some biscuits. Only took little bits and made sure the biscuts were soft before swallowing. I also have been putting a hot water bottle in a cover on my neck as I find that helps with the pain. I got a lot of sleep but in the morning (today) it was hard to drink as I had not used my mussels over night.

Once I started to drink again it got easier still painful though. Been eating biscuts and pancakes again but going to try bread and warm soup. Don't have anything hot that will burn your throat. I have been taking a few pain killers but not many. At this stage I have had worse tonsilitis than this and are going to save them for in a few days as I heard the 5-9 days are more painful due to the scabs falling off. I will keep updating so that if there are any people who are going to have a tonsiliectomy done you know what to expect each day. Remember rest and drink water and try eat to help your body heal!

Reply Reply