It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
(female)

kbear10_99 HB User
Unhappy Scared!!!! Splints coming out tomorrow. anybody been thru this

I saw a video online and it looked very painful with no anesthesia. Anybody have a good or ok experience with this. What do i have to look forward to . Splints haven't reallocation bothered me but the stitches in my left nostril is driving me crazy. Should i take something for pain or anxiety to help.

Really scared and not sure what to do. Any tips/ideas would be greatly appreciated or just share your story so i have a little idea of what to expect during and after i get home

does it make your nose more sore because 7 days post op from a septoplasty and

bilateral turbinate resection my nose is still quite tender. I pray someone answers this. Thanks

Old 07-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Scared!!!! Splints coming out tomorrow. anybody been thru this

I would suggest you take something for pain and anxiety before if you need to as long as someone will be driving you. The splints coming out do hurt but only for a few seconds, then it feels good to have them out and you can breathe better than ever through your nose. If you only want to take one, take the pain med. It will take awhile for the remainder of the swelling to go down, but the pressure of the splints will be relieved.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
kbear10_99 (07-23-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply