It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #1
(male)

EarPressure84 HB User
Middle ear pressure

I have been having this crazy middle ear pressure for just over 6 months now and it seems to be gradually getting worse with time. I went to the ENT and had a MRI and I found out that I have Pollyps. After having the surgery for the pollyps I figured the ear pressure would go away. I also went to the allergist and found out that I have allergies. I am currently taking Nasonex and doing saline spray for all the congestion. I am also getting allergy shots. None of this seems to be getting rid of the ear pressure. Along with the ear pressure I am getting frequent headaches and sinus pressure in the forehead region. The ENT said I could possibly have TMJ. I am trying to find a dentist who specializes in TMJ but this is difficult. I think whatever is creating this immense pressure has to do with my eustachian tubes not funtioning properly or the TMJ could be blocking the tubes shut. I was wondering if my best option would be to mention this to the ENT and possibly get surgery for this. When I go to the ENT I have no build up of wax or ear infection but I do have fluid building up in this region rather frequently. I was also wondering if there are people on her with a similiar condition, and what are they doing to help alleviate some of the built up pressure. Any input is helpful. Thanks

Old 09-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
(female)

Marie 67 HB User
Re: Middle ear pressure

I'm having some issue. Tubes in ears are a temporary fix. I'm going to look into the new eustachian tube dilation surgery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply