It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #1
(female)

krisiee HB User
Day 9 post tonsillectomy :(

I was wondering from all those who have been through this, how much longer does this horrible pain lasts? I thought by now it would start to die down but instead it continues to get worse. I'm to the point where I'm spitting in a cup most of the day instead of swallowing. I am trying very hard to get liquids down but it is very painful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
(male)

atrery HB User
Re: Day 9 post tonsillectomy :(

hey, Im in day seventh of my post tonsillectomy , ill tell you a the pain has been sickening , but I reckon its due to scabs coming off , the official prognosis of this surgery is 14 days which includes complete healin. you have come a long way , its still much more for me to go , stay hydrated , dryness irritates the open gash , water and other fluids you take mobilises the mucous , im goin thru the same and desparately needed to share, I cant do a thing abt the pain , other than the pain meds prescribed ,
PS: get a humidifier, it helps, try ice cold protein shakes, your body needs it , stay calm speak less , avoid an infection it can give you an haemorrhage ( you don't want that) and prolong your healing process .

god bless . hope everything turns out for the best

Last edited by Administrator; 02-15-2014 at 07:35 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply