It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
(female)

GMC8 HB User
Question lump in throat

Hi i have a lump in my throat that feels like a ping pong ball,its sore to cough and sends a shooting pain into my chest. The lump is on the left side of my throat and is quite low down, it also seems to be causing pain in my left ear. Any ideas what it may be would be greatly appreciated��

The following user gives a hug of support to GMC8:
dee7721 (08-29-2013)
Old 08-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #2
(female)

dee7721 HB Userdee7721 HB User
Re: lump in throat

Hi, GMC8, Has your otolaryngologist ordered any tests, like laryngoscope, CT scan, etc.? I felt the same thing, & had all the above tests, as well as a PET scan. (Back in 2010) I'm finally going to an otolaryngologist that also deals w/head & neck surgery, as the "lump" extends from the base of my tongue to the R side of neck. I also have dysphasia (trouble swallowing,) which was helped by my GI doc, by stretching the area while doing a complete EGD (esophogial, gastro, & duodenal) procecedure, w/a colonoscopy. He did it primarily due to me having C Difficile Colitis. If I were you, I'd pursue the matter further, if you're still having a problem. Dee.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply