It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
(female)

harleysmommie99 HB User
Adult Ear Tubes... go under or not?

Input on what others have decided and done for ear tube placement needed! I am trying to decide if going under or just having it done in office. I have had the most horrible experiences with my ears as a child (lots of ear problems) and am terrified of doctors sticking things in my ear. I am not good with pain at all! I have had three surgeries on my left (last one being they took everything out and now just a cavity). Now my right has a retracted ear drum (or still I should say) with fluid collecting. So tubes it is. Soooooo GO let me know what you would do or have had done and why and how it went.
Thanks!!!

Old 08-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
(female)

KristyBabe HB User
Re: Adult Ear Tubes... go under or not?

Hello,
Did u tried the Ear-Popper first? My husband was recommended to insert the tubes also, but with only 50% gaurantied we decided to try this machine first. Still no change for 3 weeks but we were talled it takes between 6-8 months.
Wish you only health, update what you did.. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
(female)

Marie 67 HB User
Re: Adult Ear Tubes... go under or not?

Would you find explaining what you mean by taking everything out? Do you mean the bones and everything? Then you would be deaf in that ear correct? What caused this to happen? I think I've got something like this. My left eustachian tube wouldn't drain out the fluid after an ear infection? I'm afraid this will happen again. What are my chances of it repeating? I need some info from someone who has been there.

Reply Reply

Tags
adult, ear tubes, surgery