It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
(male)

Giddler HB User
Painful, Purple spot-White large spots Throat Infection

It was Monday night, I had went to bed with a minor scratch in my throat and woke up the next morning with tonsils swollen up to the point my esophagus was almost enclosed.

I noticed for the first time ever two distinct purple circles around the right side which was severely swollen in contrast to the left. Quite in fact the left seemed pretty fine.

I proceeded to ER and the conditions only got worse as I waited to see a doctor, hot fever and freezing, weak as I ever felt in my joints or bones and the pain was there.

I saw the doctor and basically they swabbed to test for strep, looked at my ears, and what not and prescribed me Penicillin VK2 or something in dosages of 2, 3 times a day.

I'm on my second day of antibiotics and the fever, and joint pain has vanished, but my tonsils seem relentless. The purple spots are now gone, or just covered by a large, white portion of what I'm assuming is pus. The swelling might of died down a tiny bit, but I feel I'm being generous in that assumption.

I have pictures, but I'm beginning to believe this site does not allow them.

I just am beginning to worry because I've dealt with Strep and Tonsillitis in the past and frequently I might add, but I've never experienced such pain.

I can barely eat anything because of the pain, even soup stings the tonsils so bad it's unbearable and the same goes for drinking water.

These white spots are not spots, it's one large portion of my tonsil almost practically covering the whole thing and this has happened in the past 2 days while taking antibiotics. What I'm hoping is that that whiteness is being formed because the antibiotics are fighting off what I'm thinking is by the worst throat infection I've had to date.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Nothing has progressed for the worse, but that large white portions have got me worried as I've never seen such a thing with my past throat problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2013, 07:10 AM   #2
(male)

Giddler HB User
Re: Painful, Purple spot-White large spots Throat Infection

And as of today all that large white portions have vanished, but my tonsils still seem a bit large at this stage of the game given the dosage of antibiotic I am on.

The worst is the pain, as I have no experienced hands down the sharpest pain I've ever felt in terms of throat infections. I drink water sometimes and I cringe to the point if I was doing anything I have to immediately stop. I feel at the beginning my dosage at Day 4 some of this should have been cleared up already in terms of pain and swelling. I'll have 30/60 pills taken tomorrow at 10pm and honestly I feel like there hasn't been much done.

I'm assuming the white large portions were in fact some protective barrier of sorts, but I'm easily at the most painful stage now and oddly it's still only the right side. My lymph nodes are not swollen anymore either.

At this point I'm just going to wait until these antibiotics are complete before I go see a doctor because I'm guessing it could be a severe case and that the medication will take longer than normal to clear up. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced anything remotely similar.

Reply Reply