It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
(male)

greenone HB User
Strep then thrush? Additional weird symptoms

Hi everyone, I'm posting this because I've been to the doctor 3 times now and can't afford to go back and have them shrug their shoulders again and tell me it sounds like my body is fighting it and will go away eventually!

Weeks 1 and 2:

I had pretty much every symptom of strep throat except for red spots on the soft pallate, but the white spots on my tonsils looked more like granules than milky patches. My girlfriend had strep symptoms, went on antibiotics, went away in a day. My antibiotics didn't work until the 5th day, but swollen tonsils and a few very very tiny white granules remained.

Weeks 3-7:

- the tiny white granules have grown for some days, then returned to little or none, then come back and then little to none for weeks
- White stuff growing on the gums (started in week 5)
- Very white hard pallate (noticed during "strep"), orangish soft pallate
- Thrush on tongue
- Pulled out 2 very large tonsil stones and one small one
- sores above uvala that look somewhat like cold sores (I often get random sores during any illnesses for my entire life, but never on the lips and never been tested for herpes, and doctors think they're just normal fever blisters and not herpes)
- bloating (for weeks 4 through 6)
- undigested food in stolls (weeks 5 and 6)
- constipation (during strep and for all weeks except this week). Pretty normal bowel movements and stools now for the most part)
- week 3 had something growing between gums/cheek, went away in a few days

Treatment:
- Have been on higher and higher doses of probiotics (with pill coatings to make it through the stomach), yogurt, and chewable probiotics (to try to keep some in the mouth)
- Been on a pretty restrictive diet the past 2 weeks after learning more about candida. Mostly veggies, salad, flax, a bit of fish, beans, yogurt
- Take strong mult-vitamins daily along with garlic (not overdosing)

Other notes:
- The day before I got "strep," I was swimming in a remote river and swallowed a bunch of water by accident
- My girlfriend just got a sore throat again this week and the doc gave her antibiotics again
- I rarely get sick, never had strep before, pretty healthy in general and this is the worst I've ever been sick and I'm 31.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
(male)

greenone HB User
Re: Strep then thrush? Additional weird symptoms

Seems like it's better to post this in the candida forum so I moved it over there. Any way to delete this thread????

Reply Reply

Tags
strep throat, thrush, white