It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
(female)

ashley56765 HB User
Unhappy lump in throat recently

hey guyz, well i have heartburn and now it keeps coming back i have a lump in my throat for 2 days now and I'm super scared!
i also been losing weight for couple of months now... plz help i think i have gerd but i dont know plz help really appreciate it

Old 09-06-2013, 02:43 AM   #2
(female)

LNA HB User
Re: lump in throat recently

Hello,

The lump in the throat could be caused by the acid reflux that you are getting, but you need to be assessed by a Dr, have you seen one yet? In the meantime I really love "Rennie" for heartburn. You chew it and you're done. xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2013, 02:45 AM   #3
(female)

LNA HB User

Hello,

The lump in the throat could be caused by the acid reflux that you are getting, but you need to be assessed by a Dr, have you seen one yet? In the meantime I really love "Rennie" for heartburn. You chew it and you're done. xx

Old 09-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
(female)

ashley56765 HB User

Thanks for replying.. I was wondering how doctors diagnose and tests me because of my symptoms? I am going to the doctor next week because I'm getting worried..

Old 09-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #5
(female)

ashley56765 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNA View Post
Hello,

Thanks for replying.. I was wondering how doctors diagnose and tests me because of my symptoms? I am going to the clinic next week because I'm getting worried..

Last edited by ashley56765; 09-06-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #6
(female)

LNA HB User

They may do an ultrasound to determine what sort of lump is in your throat and if its suspicious then they will most likely do a biopsy just to make sure its nothing serious.

Is the lump solid or does it move around when u touch it?

For your stomach, depending how long u have had the symptoms for, some doctors may order an endoscopy to see inside your stomache but otherwise I think they just treat it with medication. Dont worry its gonna be fine. I've had all the above tests done before and they were easy.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #7
(female)

ashley56765 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNA View Post
They may do an ultrasound to determine what sort of lump is in your throat and if its suspicious then they will most likely do a biopsy just to make sure its nothing serious.

Is the lump solid or does it move around when u touch it?

For your stomach, depending how long u have had the symptoms for, some doctors may order an endoscopy to see inside your stomache but otherwise I think they just treat it with medication. Dont worry its gonna be fine. I've had all the above tests done before and they were easy.
Well my lump is solid i think but the lump moves when i swallow.. its kinda difficult to swallow food but never vomit.. ive been trouble swallowing only on my right side..
and i have been losing weight for no reason this couple of months... at first i really like it and now i am worried...
what is endoscopy? im wondering what is it and how long will it take?

Last edited by ashley56765; 09-07-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #8
(female)

LNA HB User

An endoscopy is when they put you under an anesthetic and stick a tube down your throat and into your stomach to see whats going on. A camera is attached to the end of the tube so they can see everything.

U dont feel a thing and it only takes 15 - 30 mins to do.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:23 PM   #9
(female)

ashley56765 HB User

Ohh.. That's a good thing-not feeling anything Thanks for replying really appreciate it!

Old 09-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #10
(female)

LNA HB User
Wink Re: lump in throat recently

Yeah u feel nothing and have the best sleep ever! lol

But they usually only do this procedure in extreme cases. In my case I was throwing up for months and months and no one could tell me why.

Let us know how you go when you see the Doctor.

Reply Reply