It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #1
(male)

bessx HB User
Fluid in ear?

Hello all, a few days ago I yawned and my ear popped very loud and had a feeling of fullness with lots of popping. I went to the doctor today, he looked in my ear for maybe 10 seconds and told me it seems to be just fluid, no sign of infection. It's hurting now, and the other ear seems to be doing the same thing. He put me on Fexofenadine and Suphedrine, which are both over the counter. Should I go to another doctor, any advice?

Old 09-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
(female)

Marie 67 HB User
Re: Fluid in ear?

The same thing is happening to me. I got an ear infection on the 4th of July in my left ear. Took two courses of antibiotics that did little good. Fluid was on ear for over 8 weeks. Right ear started feeling full and hurting about three weeks ago. Also had scratchy throat with drainage. Took augmentin and the fullness in right ear and scratchy throat went away. Had to have myringotomy 5 days ago on left ear for fluid build up. Haven't been able to hear out of that ear correctly since infection. Ear feeling full and I'm off balance. Now my right ear is hurting again and feeling full. Hearing doesn't seem quite right from it now either. I can't figure out what the hell is going on with me. Sounds like some kind of virus or bacteria. Whatever it is it's tougher than ****. My nose is achy inside as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply