It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
(female)

Marie 67 HB User
Is this ETD, labrynthitis, cochlear hydrops

How can I tell if I have eustachian tube dysfunction or some type of labrynthitis. This all started with an ear infection for me but it says that's how you can get labrynthitis or cochlear hydrops. My ear is still plugged up even after the myringotomy. I feel like I've lost 25 50 percent of my hearing ability. High frequency noises are dull. Maybe it's filled back up with fluid. I know that is a possiblity. I feel off balance but not dizzy. I need to get whatever is wrong with me diagnosed properly. The first ent that I went to was worthless. How is your hearing after a myringotomy? Someone please post as I'm very worried about this and have nobody else to communicate with. My husband seems indifferent to it, and says welcome to the real word. But losing part of your hearing at once is scary. No matter what has caused it. I would like to know if I have vestibular disease because I've read that you go deaf. If that's going to happen to me, I want to get prepared for it. That is why I would like to communicate with someone who has this illness so that I can compare symptoms. I have no insurance and cannot afford thousands of dollars of tests just to find out.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
(male)

rob Califor HB User
Re: Is this ETD, labrynthitis, cochlear hydrops

HI, I'VE HAD MANY OF YOUR SYMPTOMS THE PAST YEAR. IT IS HELL ON EARTH. TWO ENTs TOLD ME TO STOP EATING FISH AND ANY FISH PRODUCTS LIKE FISH OIL. AS SOON AS I STOPPED THE PROBLEM WITH MY RIGHT EAR HAS NOT RETURNED IN 3 MONTHS. SO FAR SO GOOD. OUR FISH HAS METALS IN IT THAT CAN CREATE THE HYDROPS IN FACT. I HOPE THIS MAY HELP. ROBERT LONGLEY

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply