It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
(female)

temptationsps HB User
Red face Fluid in Ears

I've had fluid in my ears since having surgery. Dr. gave me Bactrin antibiotic, that didn't clear it up. I am now on Keflex and taking Zyrtec of a morning and 1 Benadryl at night. Will this dry up the fluid, it is annoying with hearing the pulsing sound in my ear all the time.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
(male)

Power on HB User
I get that a lot with ear infection heartbeat in the ear it is annoying .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
(female)

Marie 67 HB User
Re: Fluid in Ears

I just had a myringotomy two weeks ago for fluid in my left ear from an ear infection. It was there for 10 weeks and would not leave. I've also been having pressure in my right ear off and on for the last three plus weeks. I didn't want to address the right ear issue with the ent because the left ear was causing me so much grief and I knew that it needed to be drained because the fluid was driving me crazy.. The pressure in the right ear has been coming and going and I was hoping that it would resolve itself and at this point I didn't want a hole in my other eardrum at the same time because I was having trouble hearing from my left ear and I didn't want to reduce my hearing ability any more than it already was. Today the pressure started getting so bad in my right ear that I had to leave Wal-Mart. It hasn't let up any and now my ear is starting to hurt and I can feel my heartbeat in it. If it doesn't stop over the weekend I'm going to go to my ent first thing monday morning and ask him to do a myringotomy on my right ear. I don't want to do this but it is feeling full of pressure and I was having even more pressure when I was riding in the truck. This has happened several times in the last three weeks when I'm riding in a vehicle or driving. I haven't been doing much driving because of it. I'm also alittle off balance as well. I think an ear infection has been trying to come on me in the right ear for the last three weeks and symptoms have been coming and going. Either that or I have some fluid in my right ear that needs to come off. I've never had pressure problems with my ears in my life until all this happened. It's been 26 years ago but I did have an ear infection one time where both of my ears were closed up at the same time. That was miserable. I was only 20 at the time and I was given antibiotics and antibiotic ear drops and it cleared up in a week or so. But I still remember it to this day. That probably doesn't happen to often but it's certainly not unheard of because it happened to me. I've also had some sinus pressure and I can feel that something has been draining down my throat making it scratchy and alittle inflammed. I think I've been carrying around some kind of virus on my nerve endings or maybe a cold that has been trying to settle in my right ear. That was how I got the ear infection in my left ear after having a sinus infection and having drainage. The ent endoscoped my nose and everything and I don't have a tumor or polyps so it has to be some kind of cold or virus that is just sticking around. I've been taking antibiotics off and on for the last three plus weeks but there hasn't been any change in my right ear just the pressure off and on. My left ear has just started improving in the last day or so, although I'm still not hearing quite normal yet I feel confident that it is going to heal and be ok. If you ever have a myringotomy and have the fluid drained you need to allow yourself at least two weeks before you will even start to hear normal again.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #4
(male)

Power on HB User
My goodness Marie I feel for you I will never complain about my earache again

Reply Reply