It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2004, 08:11 PM   #1
(female)

onedaisiegal HB User
Unhappy How much weight can u gain in one binge?

I binge....a lot. I usually can feel the weight ballooning onto my body...either that or its my imagination...but I seriously feel my pants become tighter and my arms become softer. *tears* I don't know how many pounds u can actually gain in one binge...but it's so sad.

Old 02-24-2004, 08:02 AM   #2

PrimalSympathy HB User
Re: How much weight can u gain in one binge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisies_382
I binge....a lot. I usually can feel the weight ballooning onto my body...either that or its my imagination...but I seriously feel my pants become tighter and my arms become softer. *tears* I don't know how many pounds u can actually gain in one binge...but it's so sad.
It depends on how many calories you consume. I think I heard that it takes 4,000 calories to gain one pound. You definitely will feel uncomfortable in your pants after a binge. I think your arms feeling softer may just be panic on your part, it would take 5 + lbs to make a little difference in your arms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2004, 09:19 AM   #3
(female)

notorious b HB User

actually, it's 3500 calories. that is how much you would have to consume to gain ONE pound. but also remember that on an average day WITHOUT ANY exercize, you will still burn at least 1200 calories. that would mean that you would have to eat 4700 calories in one binge to gain 1 lb...

it's more in your mind... your pants might fit tighter, but that is only because you are probably bloated or something... not because you have actually gained any weight. and also, the pound doesn't come on that fast either. i would think it has to be metabolized and stuff and then it will become what we think of as "a pound of fat on our body"...

hopefully this will help settle your fears a little bit!

Old 02-24-2004, 12:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

eminemworshipper HB User

Hey!!
When I binged a lot (quite a while ago)..I used to look in the mirror and prod myself and I swore that I looked bigger everytime. I laugh that I thought it....like...i seriously though if I at a cake..my stomach would some how have grown a bulge after 10 mins of devouring it. It is all in the mind..i feel that when I feel full....everything feels tight so u do feel like u have put a tonne of weight on. Everyone has been correct in saying that weight doesnt go on that quickly. And, dont go by what u see on the scales (if u weigh yourself after binges or frequently)..I have learned they 1) Make u heavier due to excess water weight on ur body 2) Clothes make u heavier (I have jumped on and off scales 20 times odd with clothes on and off!! And, trust me....clothes can make that ickle bit difference 3) some scales just talk b*lls! They are like 2lbs heavier one second..and u can jump on again and be lighter..so confusing.

How long has your 'bingeing' being going on for. If you drink a fair amount of liquid (a glass or two)..it will fill u up ..therefore u will binge on less food. Ull still feel full at first, but that feeling will go when u go to the toilet, and it will prevent you from putting any unwanted pounds on.

XXX

Closed Thread