It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2004, 10:41 AM   #1

ckbellis HB User
Exclamation Gaining weight with ana?

Can someone please help me? I have two questions...
Here's the simple one. I am 5'5" and would like to know...being an anorexic, what most people would think my "ideal" weight should be, and when I should stop, or slow down. I want to slim down to 105, is that unhealthy?
Secondly, I have a delema. Let me explain.
I started (or re-started), being an ana 2 weeks ago. The first week, I woke up at 5, and did 200 jumping jacks, ate an apple, and did other calorie burning exercises for about an hour. When I got home, I would run a mile. THe only thing was, I was eating dinners with my family, and that took in at most a good 300 to 500 calories. By the end of that week, I had not dropped one pound!!
The next week, I did the same routine, only upped my 1 mile to 3 miles a day, and began purging the dinners. At the end of the second week, ( yesterday ), I purged right before I got on the scale....and I had gone from my starting weight (125), to 132!! THAT IS THE HEAVIEST I HAVE EVER BEEN IN MY LIFE!!!
Is there anyone who can explain what is going on?
P.s. Sorry for writing so much..

Old 10-03-2004, 07:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User
Re: Gaining weight with ana?

What you are doing is extremely unhealthy. You say you "started to become anorexic"- that is wrong and completely absolutely unhealthy to the most extreme extent. You DO NOT want to be anorexic, nor do you just "become" it. It happens to you, and it is the worst thing to ever happen, when and if it does. I for one refuse to support what you are doing by even answering your questions! You are at a healthy weight for your height and should NOT feel you need to lose weight. Your goal IS unhealthy and you prolly wont look good at that weight anyways, because it IS too skinny for your height. Eat normally, enjoy life and dont try to make yourself sick.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2004, 09:09 PM   #3
Inactive

MistiGrace HB User

Girlygirl,

I think you are being..ok, I'm just going to come out and say it--harsh. I think you mean well, but you are not being compassionate and sensitive to what we're feeling or going through right now. Think about your own experience. Would you have been able to take your own advice? Maybe. But it would have been hard to swallow, as I believe this is.
Don't get me wrong, I don't condone the behavior either. I know what I'm doing is not right as well. The battlefield is in our minds. If we can change our thinking, we can become healthy again.

Ckbellis,
I'm going to seek help, as I suggest (and only that) you do. What we're doing to our bodies is so damaging. We think we're doing it to lose weight, but is so unhealthy. It can even be deadly. Be careful. Take care of yourself. Please talk to somebody--anybody. And know that I am here for you and will be praying for you.

MistiGrace

Old 10-04-2004, 04:33 AM   #4

BelindaB HB User

I think that what Girlygirl means is that, CKbellis, it sounds from what you say that you may be 'trying to be' anorexic rather than actually suffering from anorexia - because you talk about 'starting' and 'restarting' anorexia as though it's some form of diet plan or health regime. As GG says, anorexia is not something you can start - it happens to people, and they are often totally taken by surprise by it and extremely frightened.

Old 10-04-2004, 08:39 AM   #5

VanillaBean HB User

For someone 5'5" your average bodyweight should be about 125. 105 is unhealthy. Of course, I don't know your body shape or your bone structure~ so you could possible add 10 lbs to that and be fine.

Your body is fighting back. Treat it right, eat properly and exercise properly. That way it won't "worry" and hold on to extra weight.
A friend loves at all times. Proverbs 17:17

Old 10-04-2004, 01:37 PM   #6

ckbellis HB User

Well, luckily, I don't think I need help. See, I'm still at a stage where I can stop what I'm doing before I go to far. And no terrible damage has been done yet. You're all coming from a good place. Thanks. Not to long after I posted that, I brosed the internet for the negitive effects of anorexia, and the list is to long. Way to long. I think I'm still going to jog. (But mostly just because I like it, an like the automn weather.) As for the sparse calories....I'm going to slowly raise that. If I just start eating 1,000 calories off the bat, I'll probly feel sick. Today I'm starting with 500, an maybe tomorrow 700...and so on.
It's a good thing you got to me before it was to late.

Old 10-08-2004, 04:04 PM   #7
Inactive

LooksLikeRain HB User

i agree with girlygirl about it just happening to you. we sound a lot a like. i'm around 5'5 and... 1/2-ish. and i weigh 120 (this morning i did at least, lol) pounds. it's funny because my goal is to weigh 105 too. i'm doing a low carb thing right now but i still am anorexic mentally. i just got done eating steak and i'm like bleh.. i feel fat. I even have a set date on when i need to weigh 105 pounds. It's November 19th. I am always afraid I could slip back to the WONDERFUL WORLD of anorexia. I could do it in a second.

Old 10-23-2004, 08:07 PM   #8

ocurt HB User

I know what that's like... I was unhealthy because I hardly ate and I exercised 3 times a day.... I was only consuming around 600-800 calories each day and less than 10 fat grams. I'm 5'6" and I only weight 88lbs.!! Well I've gained weight back and I'm not healthy and happy . Don't put yourself through trying to get to 105 lb. it is so unhealthy and you're life will be shorter, i guarantee it... I'm not saying be overweight just make sure you stay your healthy weight... hope stuff works out for you!

Closed Thread