It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2005, 08:44 AM   #1
(female)

K007 HB User
Anyone else "Skinny Fat"?

Okay you're probably wondering what "skinny fat" is and that is what I call myself. Cause I'm not fat, but im not perfect skinny yet. Like I'm smaller than before but I still have fat on my arms and my tummy.. there is no way I could wear a 2 piece bathing suite just yet.

Anyone else feel like they are stuck in the "skinny fat" mode. People say I'm skinny, but I'm not cause I still have fat on me.. my arms and tummy. If they were to see me naked they wouldn't say I was skinny anymore.

Hope someone understands this.. anyone else feel this way?

Liz

Old 04-27-2005, 11:27 AM   #2
(female)

Hannie HB User
Re: Anyone else "Skinny Fat"?

Hey yeh I feel totally the same. I neva been fat, but I want to be skinner, it's a wierd feeling and i dont really know how to explain it but I guess you know aswell.
Do you obsess with what you eat? I do, I think about it everyday.
I breathe in to see how skinny I want to look and then I aim for that look in say 3 weeks. :s
Hannie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2005, 11:54 AM   #3
(female)

rainbow127 HB User

Yup I feel the same way too. I'm a "good" weight for my height, and people say I look "thin". I think people just think that because I do a good job of hiding my fat areas. I could never set foot on a beach right now because all my "hidden" fat would be out in the open. *Sigh* I have a long way to go.

Old 04-28-2005, 09:17 AM   #4
(female)

amandab_nyc HB User

Totally. I have this horrible habit of jiggling my thighs in front of the mirror. I am thin (wouldn't say skinny just yet) but still can't stand my inner thighs and that lump on the outside of my hips. I probably just need to work out ;-)

Old 04-28-2005, 02:09 PM   #5

amy12345 HB User

I can completely relate to your post! I am pretty thin, but have some extra fat on my stomach and the tops of my thighs. I've had this since I was 12 or 13. I've never felt comfortable wearing a bikini and probably won't at this point. I'm not even sure I care anymore about that anyway. (That used to be a goal for me, to look halfway ok in a bikini). I remember when I was a teenager, I thought that when I got older I'd care less about my extra fat, but I'm 34 now and I only care a little less! And that's with an awful lot of counseling about this very issue!

I'm hoping to keep chipping away at feeling like this. For me, it's a miserable way to live. All I think about is the way I look.

Old 04-28-2005, 07:04 PM   #6
(female)

park3 HB User

Yes I feel that way allllll the time. People always say im skinny and i get ****** cuz im not cuz i still have fat on my stomach and legs and they wont believe me. i hate that feeling but i guess im gonna be stuck with it for awhile

megan

Old 04-29-2005, 06:25 AM   #7
(female)

zusanna HB User

It's completely normal to have some fat on our bodies. If we didn't we would be very unhealthy and unhealthy "looking" as well. Everyone is shaped differently. Some people have some fat around their stomach, some on their legs/hips, some on their butt, and for some it's just kind of evenly distributed all over their body. But where ever it's at it's meant to be there because that's just how our body stores it. We aren't meant to be "skin and bones". I know in the media we see these stick thin models and we feel that's the way we should look, but in reality most of them don't really look like that. Their pictures are retouched and they too have areas on their bodies that have fat. I'm recovering from an ED and I am thin, of course I have some fat here and there but very little of it. I want a curvacious figure. I've realized that that is really what is beautiful, not a stick thin model. I don't want to be fat, that's not what I'm saying and that's not what I mean by "curvacious". But the normal, average weight woman has curves and it looks so much better than "skin and bones". I just want to be healthy and that's what I'm aiming for. I was once in all of your shoes. I too wanted that stick thin figure and hated all of the areas on my body that had fat. But I went down to close to 90 pounds until I realized how unhealthy I was. I was weak, tired, pale, I had chest pains, and I never felt good, my periods stopped, everyone was extremely worried about me but when they told me I needed to gain weight I would get defensive and snap at them. I was extremely depressed all the time which I realize now was due to malnutrition. It's just NOT worth it!! It's not the way to live life. Being healthy and happy is alot more important to me now. So think about what I'm saying. Learning to love yourself for who you are and accepting your body the way it is is tough, but it's the key to true happiness. If you think you have a problem, get help. I started seeing a therapist and it's helped me more than anything. So just ask yourselves what is more important....how you look or how you feel?

Closed Thread