It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 05:07 PM   #1
(female)

tired and angry HB User
Thumbs down confused- should i tell my doctor? chewing n spitting plz help!!

Hey everyone,

I kno this has been brought up on the boards before but I still do not really understand so wud b grateful for any adivce.

Chewing and spitting- is it part of bulimia or an ED itself?? I am bulimic and i have chewed and spat a lot in the past before the rest of this started..does that mean i had an eating disorder then too?? I have already binged once and purged twice today and had purged without binging yesterday. Tonight i was really really stressing bout exams and i wanted to binge again even tho i wasnt hungry in the slightest so i ended up chewing and spitting loads n then ate three cereal bars n purged. My jaw aches and my stomach hurts.

I am supposed to b keeping a food diary again and im tryin to b completely honest but i dont kno if i should tell my doctor bout this or not. Im just sooo ashamed. Have any of you told ur doctor b4?? What was their reaction? Im gonna look so weak and so greedy when she reads this diary again. Its pathetic. Going to my counsellor tomorrow too. Dont kno what to say...

hmm iv really had enough

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2005, 06:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
Re: confused- should i tell my doctor? chewing n spitting plz help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tired and angry
Hey everyone,

I kno this has been brought up on the boards before but I still do not really understand so wud b grateful for any adivce.

Chewing and spitting- is it part of bulimia or an ED itself?? I am bulimic and i have chewed and spat a lot in the past before the rest of this started..does that mean i had an eating disorder then too?? I have already binged once and purged twice today and had purged without binging yesterday. Tonight i was really really stressing bout exams and i wanted to binge again even tho i wasnt hungry in the slightest so i ended up chewing and spitting loads n then ate three cereal bars n purged. My jaw aches and my stomach hurts.

I am supposed to b keeping a food diary again and im tryin to b completely honest but i dont kno if i should tell my doctor bout this or not. Im just sooo ashamed. Have any of you told ur doctor b4?? What was their reaction? Im gonna look so weak and so greedy when she reads this diary again. Its pathetic. Going to my counsellor tomorrow too. Dont kno what to say...

hmm iv really had enough
Although I don't c&s, I know that it is related to ED behavior in general. I think you should tell your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2005, 02:10 AM   #3
(female)

tired and angry HB User

ive written it down but now im terrified of going back to the doctor n i dont want to start filling in todays on the same page coz i still think i might take this page out..

i feel so miserable. i dont kno if its worth the worry telling her. How am i gonna sit there while she reads that? i would never ever let my friends or family know.

Old 06-07-2005, 10:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
ive written it down but now im terrified of going back to the doctor n i dont want to start filling in todays on the same page coz i still think i might take this page out..

i feel so miserable. i dont kno if its worth the worry telling her. How am i gonna sit there while she reads that? i would never ever let my friends or family know.
It's (c&s) probably something she's heard about before. It's definitely worth the worry of telling her. She's your doctor she needs all the information you can give her in order to try and help you.

Old 06-08-2005, 02:55 PM   #5
(female)

CarryOnBoo HB User

Tell her, im sure she must have heard of it before and even if not she should be ok with it and understanding. I have done it a bit before but because i start to eat something then sudentyl feel guilty so spit it out.

Old 06-08-2005, 05:25 PM   #6
(female)

tired and angry HB User

Thanks for ur help. im goin back tot he doctor in the morning. Im so scared. the whole two weeks have been a total disaster but i guess ur right. What the worst she can do anyway? I just feel so pathetic when im sat there. Its not her, shes lovely but i just feel so stupid. Argh, why cant i jus snap out of the whole thing. Yesterday was a total nighmare. I cudnt write most of it down n i only managed to get a couple hrs of work done coz i spent the whole day binging n purging when i got back from counselling coz i panicked that i hadnt done enough work. Just ended up even further behind. My exams start on monday and im totally doomed. There just arnnt enough hrs in the day. I dont kno whether to go n see my tutor again tomorrow. Ive not really seen much of him in the last two weeks but i dont wanna bother him if hes busy with markin finals n stuff. I just need to stress at sb about my exams but my friends all have exams too so its not fair to complain to them...even tho they seem to have no problem in ringing me up to complain about some lovers tif theyve had but if i ask my best friend if shes got five mins she usually will try n put it off coz itl interupt her schedule!! I must sound so horrible but i just cant take it all anymore!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, Il let u kno how it goes.

Thanks again! At least i can rely on people on here.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Thanks for ur help. im goin back tot he doctor in the morning. Im so scared. the whole two weeks have been a total disaster but i guess ur right. What the worst she can do anyway? I just feel so pathetic when im sat there. Its not her, shes lovely but i just feel so stupid. Argh, why cant i jus snap out of the whole thing. Yesterday was a total nighmare. I cudnt write most of it down n i only managed to get a couple hrs of work done coz i spent the whole day binging n purging when i got back from counselling coz i panicked that i hadnt done enough work. Just ended up even further behind. My exams start on monday and im totally doomed. There just arnnt enough hrs in the day. I dont kno whether to go n see my tutor again tomorrow. Ive not really seen much of him in the last two weeks but i dont wanna bother him if hes busy with markin finals n stuff. I just need to stress at sb about my exams but my friends all have exams too so its not fair to complain to them...even tho they seem to have no problem in ringing me up to complain about some lovers tif theyve had but if i ask my best friend if shes got five mins she usually will try n put it off coz itl interupt her schedule!! I must sound so horrible but i just cant take it all anymore!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, Il let u kno how it goes.

Thanks again! At least i can rely on people on here.
That 'best friend' that you speak of definitely doesn't seem like much of a friend let alone a best one, no offense. Just my opinion....

Last edited by kittywitty; 06-08-2005 at 11:10 PM.

Closed Thread