It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2005, 03:04 PM   #1
(female)

Tina maria HB User
Question What's My Weight In Lbs?????

Hi i have seen alot of you guys talking about your weight in lbs, im in england and we use stone or kilograms, my weight is 7 stone and 8 pounds the last time i weighed myself. i would really like to know if anyone can help me figure out what it is in lbs!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2005, 03:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jonistyle2 HB User
Re: What's My Weight In Lbs?????

okay, i just had to look it up online and i found that 1 stone equals 14 pounds. that means in American lbs, you're only 106! i don't know how tall you are, but that is VERY low, even if you're only 5 feet tall. have you considered getting some help? you may be at a dangerously low weight where you can do some serious damage to your body. best of luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2005, 03:51 PM   #3
(female)

Tina maria HB User
Talking Re: What's My Weight In Lbs?????

Hi there thank you for going to all that trouble. I am 5ft 2ins, my other message on here is: i feel fat all the time... i have been talking to a few of you guys on here, and you are all brilliant, my heart go's out to everyone.

I have just told my partner the full extent of my problem, and said i want to get help. but im very scared. but i dont want to feel or be like this anymore. but i am trying to grt help, thats why i came to the site.

thanks again, feel free to chat. x

Old 08-05-2005, 04:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jonistyle2 HB User

good work, girl! telling your partner is an incredibly hard thing to do, but don't you feel like a HUGE weight has been lifted off your shoulders now that you told him? my boyfriend's known everything (not just the little pieces) since last December and it's so nice being able to be totally open with him about what i'm eating, how i'm feeling, etc. sure, it took a lot of talking to get him to fully grasp everything that was going on with me, but he's always been a great listener. i've been reading your other post too and it sounds like your guy is amazing also. don't worry if he doesn't get everything you tell him (hell, we don't even understand our ed's!), just explain the best you can and then let him hold you. that honestly makes me feel better than any words my boyfriend can say.

i really think you should get help. you're very thin, but even more than that, i can tell that you're struggling and you don't deserve that! you deserve to be happy and carefree and beautiful just the way you are. (easier said than done, i know). anyway, i just started therapy myself and yes, it IS scary. and i still freak out all the time and think, "why am I doing this? i don't want to be fat!" but then i can slow my brain down and think of how unhappy this ed has made me, how i can't hang out with friends and family because of food, how much i miss eating whatever food i want (bring on the fried chicken! i haven't had it in years except while binging, which doesn't count.) more than anything though, i miss being happy and having my world revolve around more than my body.

i don't really know what i'm saying, except that i feel where you're coming from you and i'm always here if you need to talk (especially 9 to 5, because my job is BORING!). but yeah, really think about getting some help. just think about how much better life could be after you get better! good luck!!

Old 08-05-2005, 05:04 PM   #5
(female)

Tina maria HB User

hi jonistyle2,
thank you for advise, and for talking to me. and sharing some of your problems with me.
well done to yourself, therapy ay! WELL DONE. that was a big step and it must of been very hard, well still is, but you made that first big move to getting yourself well again. can i ask what it is like? what do they do and ask?

Im struggerling yeah, but then we all are. but what makes it real great is we all have each other on this site, so many supportive people, caring and willing to share and listen, give advise, even though they are suffering themselfs. but then i always think its good to help others, then the favour is always returned when you need it.

same as, im always here to chat aswell, about anything. im a good listening, well im listening with my eye's, if that makes sence.

Old 08-05-2005, 05:32 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

maggie043 HB User

therapy is great but anxiety provoking sometimes ( just got back from my appt). It makes you anxious, scary, smile, laugh all at once sometimes. You can talk about everything under the sun or next to nothing. They usually want some background info about your life to start with and they'll ask why you decided to come to therapy. It is a safe place to express your deepest thoughts and fears, things in your life that you have never told a soul which have made you scared, sad, angry...hard to explain.

Old 08-06-2005, 10:57 AM   #7
(female)

Tina maria HB User

thank you maggie. it does sound very scary. well done though. you made that bigstepas well, thats really great. i just have to try and do the same some time, but dont know when.
thanks again

Closed Thread