It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2005, 10:30 AM   #1
(female)

Location: Close On Nothing Way Away Yonder (Behind God's Back)
Biggienomuch HB User
Question Unwanted Eating Habits

I'm a plus size girl and i have been trying to lose weight for the past few years since ninth grade....I'm a senior now and i'm realizing that i eat just to eat and i can't help it. I'm not even hungry but my stomach is bubbling and making hunger noises so i full myself to make it stop. I don't think that i am just imagining it. I usually end up getting overfull? How can i help this and what is wrong with me?

Old 08-22-2005, 03:45 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

NatashaW HB User
Re: Unwanted Eating Habits

Hi,
I think you might be better off on the weight loss/diet boards. most of us here are dealing with serious eating disorders and talking and thinking about weight loss/gain is triggering for us. There ARE overeaters here, but most of us are anorexic and bulimic. Don't get me wrong, we are here to help, but I think you might find more help on a board that deals with weight loss.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2005, 09:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kathrin74 HB User

But binge eating disorder is an eating disorder too. If the overeating is an addiction, I don't know if it is just about weight loss.

Of course I do understand about the triggering thing....

Kathrin

Old 08-23-2005, 03:57 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

NatashaW HB User

Yes, I recognize that binge eating disorder is a real disorder. I am bulimic so I have binge eating disorder anyways, I just throw up afterwards. I feel alot more in common with binge eaters than anorexics.
I just think that she may be able to find some better advice on a weight loss boards since she said she has been trying to lose weight for a long time. If she is emotionally overeating than I can certainly relate and understand.

Old 08-26-2005, 03:38 PM   #5
(female)

emaline HB User
Exclamation Re: Unwanted Eating Habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatashaW
Hi,
I think you might be better off on the weight loss/diet boards. most of us here are dealing with serious eating disorders and talking and thinking about weight loss/gain is triggering for us. There ARE overeaters here, but most of us are anorexic and bulimic. Don't get me wrong, we are here to help, but I think you might find more help on a board that deals with weight loss.
This is a truelly unfeeling response and you should be ashamed as you have just done to that person what you have felt with your disorder. An eating DISORDER relates to any situation in which a person can not deal with food in an orderly fashion....It is not cool to be anorexiC...nor bulmic...trust me I know. However it seems that soceity have focused upon these two disorders...when really overeating is an extremely dangerous disorder too.

A DISORDER IS WHEN WE CAN NOT FIND A HARMONIOUS BALANCE IN WE ARE DOING

I have been bulimic......'LABEL' and 'anorexic' 'LABEL' and an overeater 'LABEL' I am now a plus size too and totally screwed up with my eating habits....Yes I have a disorder...because I can not harmoniously balance my eating habits...

SO TO ALL YOU ANOREXICS OR BULIMICS WHO JUDGE PEOPLE AND TELL THEM THEY HAVE NOT GOT A PROBLEM BECAUSE THEY ARE TREBLE TIMES 98 POUNDS I SAY THIS...........STOP JUDGING PEOPLE AS THEY HAVE JUDGED YOU AND IN SUCH AN UNFEELING PASE MANNER.

Last edited by emaline; 08-26-2005 at 03:43 PM.

Old 08-26-2005, 03:52 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kathrin74 HB User

Aww, but peace everybody, I don't think Natasha meant to judge anybody at all.

HUGS TO ALL OF YOU,

Kathrin

Old 08-26-2005, 08:17 PM   #7
(female)

troubled_teen12 HB User

I agree, I don't think Natasha meant to offend, or judge anyone.. I think that she just meant that this person would have better luck posting on another forum, and they could get more help from another forum.. I don't think she was out to make anyone upset..

Old 08-26-2005, 09:16 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kathrin74 HB User

Biggienomuch, are you still around? Sorry we got off on a tangent here! Please don't let it shy you away. I hope you'll post again!
:-) Kathrin

Old 08-27-2005, 12:55 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

NatashaW HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaline
This is a truelly unfeeling response and you should be ashamed as you have just done to that person what you have felt with your disorder. An eating DISORDER relates to any situation in which a person can not deal with food in an orderly fashion....It is not cool to be anorexiC...nor bulmic...trust me I know. However it seems that soceity have focused upon these two disorders...when really overeating is an extremely dangerous disorder too.

A DISORDER IS WHEN WE CAN NOT FIND A HARMONIOUS BALANCE IN WE ARE DOING

I have been bulimic......'LABEL' and 'anorexic' 'LABEL' and an overeater 'LABEL' I am now a plus size too and totally screwed up with my eating habits....Yes I have a disorder...because I can not harmoniously balance my eating habits...

SO TO ALL YOU ANOREXICS OR BULIMICS WHO JUDGE PEOPLE AND TELL THEM THEY HAVE NOT GOT A PROBLEM BECAUSE THEY ARE TREBLE TIMES 98 POUNDS I SAY THIS...........STOP JUDGING PEOPLE AS THEY HAVE JUDGED YOU AND IN SUCH AN UNFEELING PASE MANNER.
Calm Down, for goodness sakes!! We are here to help one another!! All I said was that she might find better help on the weight loss board...I was trying to HELP HER. I was not unfeeling and I take offense to that. I have posted on this boards hundreds of times to help people, and try to help myself. I said I did recognize binge eating as an Eating disorder...I binge eat myself, I just throw up afterwards. And I am not 98 lbs. If BiggieNoMuch didn't get mad, why should you?? Please do not attack me in the future because I am only trying to help people. US ANOREXICS AND BULIMIC'S DO NOT JUDGE PEOPLE!!! You are the one judging US.

Closed Thread