It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2005, 12:06 AM   #1
(female)

what is truth HB User
The Glamour of anorexia *please read*

Ok - I know this is only talking about anorexia, and there are other EDs. But I got this email from a friend of mine, and I just thought I'd forward this to you guys.

Oh the glamour of anorexia…

Today I had to do a really horrible degrading thing. I went into the toilets to throw away my lunch in the bin outside of the cubicles by the sinks, but there were girls in there- so I couldn’t do it with a bunch of people staring at me.

So I went into a cubicle and bolted the door, I chucked the cottage cheese down the loo, and then I was about to chuck the baguette when I thought "hey this may not flush down if I throw it down whole." SO I broke it into small pieces so it would go down. I pressed the flush and… You guessed it- the damn thing just stayed there and clogged up the loo. I could NOT just leave it there, I’m not the kinda persona who lets other people clean up her mess, so I figured I’d have to dispose of it myself.

So there I am with my hands groping around a PUBLIC SCHOOL toilet (ew) trying to fish out my lunch that I had blocked the bog with, and people do really nasty stuff in our toilets, *shudder*.

Then I had to push it into the overflowing sanitary bin which was covered in… Well yeah you get the picture- not nice at all.

So yes- the glamour of anorexia. I heart ana…

And if me sharing my embaressing, degrading, humiliating and downright filthy experience with you guys stops just ONE of the new people from developing a fully blown disorder, then this post has served it's purpose.
This is anorexia- people don't see the extreme lengths we go to, don't find out the nasty, hateful and downright shameful lies we tell to keep us trapped in this little section of hell.

Anorexia is not all catwalks and supermodelling. Anorexia is also bending over a toilet plucking out the remainders of the lunch your dear mother packed you.

if you're dead?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2005, 08:07 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

NatashaW HB User
Re: The Glamour of anorexia *please read*

Quote:
Originally Posted by what is truth
Ok - I know this is only talking about anorexia, and there are other EDs. But I got this email from a friend of mine, and I just thought I'd forward this to you guys.

Oh the glamour of anorexia…

Today I had to do a really horrible degrading thing. I went into the toilets to throw away my lunch in the bin outside of the cubicles by the sinks, but there were girls in there- so I couldn’t do it with a bunch of people staring at me.

So I went into a cubicle and bolted the door, I chucked the cottage cheese down the loo, and then I was about to chuck the baguette when I thought "hey this may not flush down if I throw it down whole." SO I broke it into small pieces so it would go down. I pressed the flush and… You guessed it- the damn thing just stayed there and clogged up the loo. I could NOT just leave it there, I’m not the kinda persona who lets other people clean up her mess, so I figured I’d have to dispose of it myself.

So there I am with my hands groping around a PUBLIC SCHOOL toilet (ew) trying to fish out my lunch that I had blocked the bog with, and people do really nasty stuff in our toilets, *shudder*.

Then I had to push it into the overflowing sanitary bin which was covered in… Well yeah you get the picture- not nice at all.

So yes- the glamour of anorexia. I heart ana…

And if me sharing my embaressing, degrading, humiliating and downright filthy experience with you guys stops just ONE of the new people from developing a fully blown disorder, then this post has served it's purpose.
This is anorexia- people don't see the extreme lengths we go to, don't find out the nasty, hateful and downright shameful lies we tell to keep us trapped in this little section of hell.

Anorexia is not all catwalks and supermodelling. Anorexia is also bending over a toilet plucking out the remainders of the lunch your dear mother packed you.
You are so right....people DO galmorize anorexia. I can even be guilty of that. As a bulimic I often find myself "jealous" of anorexics because I think it is better than bulimia and that they have more control over food...not true.

Old 10-07-2005, 02:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

This is a terrific post, thank you. I've done as bad and worse, and I'm sure most of us have. Things I never dared tell anyone. our shameful secrets.
Whoever sent it to you has a lot of guts and deserves praise and admiration for being the person she is.

Thanks for posting this.

Seaturtle

Old 10-08-2005, 04:10 AM   #4
(female)

tired and angry HB User

like everyone has said- that is soo true! Im bulimic and yeh people think i open up to them n tell em how bad it is but there is so much im just too ashamed to say. That person has guts writing that.

xx

Old 10-10-2005, 12:41 PM   #5
(female)

Hannie HB User

Im luvin this post! Its sooo true! Ive done many a thing exactly like this, (when ive been chewing and spitting) Then when it wont flush, i make a note of it and try and find somewhere else to put my food.... Urgh ya no what I found the other day..... a moldy tuna sandwich in the back of my cupboard from Year 11... thats like 4 -5 months ago now URGH!n (it smelt as well)
Lol!
X Hannie X

Old 10-12-2005, 03:37 AM   #6
(female)

rew7632 HB User

i couldn't agree more with the extreme things that anorexia makes us do in order to appease it. i remember the turning point from when i went from loving my e.d. to hating it. i was alone on my couch - miserable, cold, uncomfortable. i hadn't laughed or even really smiled in forever. all i could do was sit on my couch and drink coffee with splenda. i remember thinking "what is this giving me?" it had pushed my friends away, and more recently my family. i wouldn't let anyone in. i never wanted to go anywhere or do anything or talk to anyone - too much effort and i didn't have the energy. i remember how powerful it felt when i realized it wasn't giving me anything, but it was taking everything away, and all i had was my couch and i didn't want to be there anymore, but i didn't have anywhere else to go.

two years later i'm doing much better - i still am on the "road" to recovery - i guess it takes a long time before i finally will reach it. i laugh, i smile, i have friends, i'm close with my family again. i just went up last weekend to visit my sister in new york. i'm loving my job again. it's amazing when you deny yourself food, you deny yourself life. when you allow yourself to be nourished, you allow yourself to live a rich and juicy life.

Closed Thread