It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2006, 03:56 PM   #1
(female)

mandabear HB User
Thumbs up the overcoming bulimia workbook

I just got this "workbook" called 'The Overcoming Bulimia Workbook" and it's really helpful. I've been having a hard time lately, so I ordered this book after my group therapist recommended it. It came in the mail the other day, and I've just begun looking at it. It's kind of giving me a different way of looking at things. I know there's one for anorexia ("The overcoming anorexia workbook"), I'm assuming it's helpful as well.

There's also another book that I just ordered and read, it's called "Learning to be Me" and is a memoir about the author's 23 year struggle with bulimia. For me it was really refreshing because it was about bulimia. I've read so many books about anorexia, and I always got the feeling that I was the only one who struggled with bulimia, even though I knew I wasnt, it felt like it. So hearing about someone who's recovered/recovering from bulimia was really nice. It gave me some hope. :-)

Do any of you have other books that have been helpful to you in recovery?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2006, 04:52 AM   #2
(female)

elle1103 HB User
Re: the overcoming bulimia workbook

i would definitely take a look into reading caroline knapp's Appetites. While the book explores different levels of eating disorders, it also goes into detail about other self-destructive behaviors. It also goes in depth on sociological issues regarding dieting and how that affects a person.

Eating in the Light of the Moon also offers a different take on eating disorders. It takes a metaphorical stance and helps to analyze your ed.

hope that helps and i will def. look into that wrkbk

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #3
(female)

lil ladee HB User
Lightbulb Re: the overcoming bulimia workbook

i've got the 'getting better bit(e) by bit(e)' one for getting over bulimia and it is helpful + informative..it's another form of support, and that is what we all need, and lots of it!
xxx xxx

Closed Thread