It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2006, 08:00 PM   #1
(female)

mops41288 HB User
Unhappy Why cant I be average?

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way which Im sure someone does. Almost everyday I see my friends get twix candy bars, snickers, starburst, and m&ms out of the vending machines and eat nearly all of it in one sitting without a care in the world. I wonder why cant I be like that. Or when they go to starbucks and order a grande java chip frappicino w/ whip cream, chocolate sauce and a bagel to go with it and dont seem to think twice about calories or anything. None of my friends are severly overweight, most are actually kinda thin to just average weight and not all of them work out (some do though)It must be wonderful to eat what you want, not have to worry about calories or the guilt of eating and still look good. I wish I could be like that... Just average... Even though I could do all those things the calories and stuff still scare me. Its mostly the guilt that comes with after eating that kills me. Anyone else going through the same kind of thing?

Old 03-07-2006, 04:05 AM   #2
(female)

cka2525 HB User
Re: Why cant I be average?

I think the SAME thing. My friends are exactily the same way. But then I'm always calculating all of there calories in my head and I'm like oh no there eating over 1,000 calories in ONE SITTING, AHH!! Yet, all of them are thin and not overweight. I don't know what to say, except that I'm right there with ya!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2006, 07:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jonistyle2 HB User

mops, it's GREAT that you're recognizing this, do you realize that? when we start to see how our ED's make us feel "not average/normal," it gives us a reason to fight them, you know? are you in therapy? if not, you should be. You CAN be "average," just like your friends, but you need therapy to beat your ed and recover so you can live happily and freely.

i feel the same way you do often though, so i know what you're saying. but i just keep telling myself that i'll get to that point and be able to eat freely and not worry all the time about every little calorie. without therapy, i don't know if i'd have that confidence though, so that's why i hope you are either already in it or ready to start. good luck!

Old 03-07-2006, 08:56 AM   #4
(female)

kutie5 HB User

wow i feel the same exact way... I even get mad if my roomate is eating raisen bran and a muffin for breakfast with 2% milk.. im lk.. JEEZE... If I could even eat the raisan bran w/ skim milk w/o feeling bad about myself, that'd be AWESOME... let alone eat 24/7 like she does...

Im going out to AZ to be with my boyfriend on Friday.. hes in Spring Training right now.. this man eats like n one else I'd ever seen in my entire life... Last night he was making a Del Taco run @ 11:30 at night.. and hes like this EVERY NIGHT... I know hes going to want me to eat but I cant even bring myself to look at fast food w/o thinking.. holy crap there are 310 calories in a cheeseburger are you KIDDING me with that?!

I wish I could be "average" too.... but the girl who posted before me is right... this is us recognizing our ED... and we need to get help to try and be "average"... because those girls arent any different than us.. they just... dont have an ED.... you know? Its not our bodies keeping us from being "average" .. it's our ED...

Closed Thread