It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2006, 10:02 AM   #1
(female)

Hannie HB User
Moms and Therapy ARGH!

Urgh - I am really annoyed!

So my mum put me in therapy back in August and I have become dependant on it... i go every other week!
So my next appointment is sceduled for friday - but I have to have a filling at the dentist (probably because of bulimia but i blamed it on too much diet coke)...my mum booked my filling appointment at the same time as my therapy session
I told her she had to cancel it because I couldnt go, but she said
"Well why cant you just cancel therapy, you went last time?"
I freaked out a bit because I really depend on my therapy sessions - they are what get me through everything at the moment!
Mom just got really stressed that she had to cancel the filling appt.
She said things like
"Its your fault you have to have a filling you shouldnt drink so much diet coke"
"You went last week to therapy I dont see why you just cant cancel it this week"
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!
I was just so annoyed
She is the one that put me in therapy in the first place...what does she want me to do! ARGH!

X Hannie X

Last edited by Hannie; 04-05-2006 at 10:03 AM.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jonistyle2 HB User
Re: Moms and Therapy ARGH!

hannie, don't fight, TALK. explain (calmly!) to you mother that you need to see your therapist every other week and tell her why. then explain that you understand it's inconvenient for her to re-schedule the appointment, but you really need to find a way that you can go to BOTH this week. can you offer to re-schedule it for her? just try to stay calm and talk it out. i remember getting REALLY frustrated with my mom doing annoying things like this when i was your age. i'm not criticizing you, but now when i look back, i realize all i did was argue and act snotty and pretty irrational with her when things didn't work out my way. if i'd just TALKED to her calmly, i think we would've had a lot less disagreements. so give it a try, just explain and find a compromise. i'm sure your mom'll appreciate the effort.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread