It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2006, 02:04 AM   #1

asilentsea HB User
Anorexia After-Effects

A few years ago, I was hospitalized for a few months for anorexia. During that time, I gained a little over 40 pounds and returned to relatively normal health. However, since the beginning of the eating disorder, I have had problems with dizziness and heart palpitations. I feel extremely light-headed during the day, particularly when standing up from a lying or sitting position (though sometimes it strikes with no precursor). The dizziness often sets off heart palpitations, which have worried me the most. My heart will pound hard enough to be noticed at a distance, and it often skips beats (especially when I exhale, oddly enough). I experience sharp pains in my chest every once in a while, and I'm worried that the damage from the anorexia might lead to serious problems. I wore a halter monitor and had an EKG about a year after I received treatment, to rule out any serious problems with my heart - the test came back alright. However, the problem has not ceased and is becoming very bothersome to me. Why hasn't a healthy weight and proper nutrition cured the dizziness and heart palpitations? Can anything be done about it?

Old 05-19-2006, 05:49 PM   #2
(female)

cryingdestiny HB User
Re: Anorexia After-Effects

Did you take any fat burners during that time???

And eating disorders do take a toll on your body including the heart.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread