It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2006, 06:50 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pucca_chick HB User
Anorexia without being underweight????

Hey, i was just wondering, at my lowest i was 119 lbs(like 8 stone or so) and im 5'2/3. thats not underweight, and i cudnt stay that weight for more than 6 months without it coming back on. im the type of person that has a really sensitive metabolism. im 18 but if pig out at all at the weekend everything is tighter on monday morning and ive actually put on weight.

neways, i was and can do get obbsessed with food and cals. at a time i ate only 650-700 cals a day, and i exercised constantly. were ever i was i was exercising, at the gym, walking dogs 5-6 times a day, toning, pilates everything. id weight myself 5-6 times a day and measure myself to, id claculate up all the clas and was soo strict. i went pasty looking with hollow sunken eyes, and dry skin. i dont do this nemore even tho im tempmted often and still hate my body and think of food all the time. ive lost control but the thoughts r stil there.

im curous, ive heard of eating disorder not otherwise specified? is it true u can be anorexic without having to be undre a specific weight??? cos i feel stupid having never gone underweight and i certainly didnt or dont look it, yet this can apply to me. can sum1 explain plx. thanx xiox.

Old 06-10-2006, 07:44 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

KittenPaws HB User
Re: Anorexia without being underweight????

you can be ANY weight and have anorexia. I feel its more of a state of mind then all about the lbs/kg. Anorexia is defined as an eating disorder that is characterised by the fear of weight gain thus leading to bad eating patterns , malnutrition and excessive weight loss. You can be 175lbs and be malnurished and starving, its possible. Many people's body arn't "classic" cases of anorexia nervosa(falling underweight), they just simply cannot handle it and get very ill. Everyone has a different shape, size, bone structure, bone mass, etc. So i wouldnt worry too much about what you read on the web, those charts are just averages.

I hope this eased your mind some.

Last edited by KittenPaws; 06-10-2006 at 07:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #3
(female)

lorri23 HB User

hi
i understand what u mean i am questining agian weather i am turning anoxric again yet at this mo i am not underweight but i cant escape the behaviour i am doing and supose same for u anoxieia beins in many people of many sizes and no matter what weight u r the desire to lose and the negative behaviour can take over, dont belittle yr struggles just cos others cant see ur underweight dosnt mean u are not struggling and u deserve the support to prevent loosing alot of weight it is hard 4 us and think u been really brave to ask for opinions now keep seeking support

Old 06-10-2006, 01:46 PM   #4
(female)

Jonistyle4 HB User

hey pucca, just wanted to back up what the others said and say that it sounds like you're really still fighting with this. i'm sorry hon, and i just want you to know thati know you said you don't count calories and restrict obsessively anymore, but it sounds like you still feel miserable about food/body/weight and still exist in the realm of "Ed" and body image problems. have you ever sought therapy? i REALLY recommend this. i know it seems like such a "major" thing to do, but really, it helps. you don't deserve to live in such an unhappy, anxiety-ridden world, and therapy can help you confront, deal with and overcome the roots of your disordered behavior and mindsets. i don't really believe that such deep-rooted issues can just "go away on their own," so hon, i strongly recommend you seek therapy. i know it seems scary, but just think: what's the worst that can happen?

Old 06-10-2006, 08:36 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

KittenPaws HB User

Pucca, wondering how you are doinog today, wanting to send huggs your way to lift your spirits, . You deserve to feel so much better as do most of us, the struggle of ED is a tough road to get ahold of and recover. im thinking about you and keeping you in prayers

Closed Thread