It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2006, 02:00 PM   #1
(female)

boopalicious22 HB User
Question Atlanta gal wanting to try topamax...

I have been hearing alot of good things about topamax being used to help with OCD, binge eating, bulmia, migrains... and all without causing weight gain! I suffer from all of the above so I would love to at least try topamax but for some reason my doc won't even entertain the idea? Among other reasons I would really love to find another md...one who actually remembers what I am suffering from, I have made alot of progress and want to keep it that way, I think my current doc has forgotten how bad I was when I first met her 2 years ago...too busy and too impersonal! So I was wondering if anyone was from the Atlanta GA area (or nearby) who could recommend a doc to me, preferably one who is willing to prescribe topamax or at least be open to trying new things

Old 09-08-2006, 08:16 AM   #2
(female)

dawgfan HB User
Re: Atlanta gal wanting to try topamax...

I'm not sure about the med you're asking about, but I just started on Lexapro, and it seems to be helping me alot, I know I have OCD tendencies, along with anorexia and I'm doing much better and have only been on it for a short time. As for the dr., I am from the Atlanta area, and I would totally recommend Dr. Nina Schlacter. She specializes in women with ed's, in fact, she's over the women's center at a treatment center in the Atlanta area.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2006, 06:05 PM   #3
(female)

boopalicious22 HB User
Re: Atlanta gal wanting to try topamax...

Its nice to meet another Georgia Peach!
Thankyou very much for the info on the doc, I will definitely be giving her a call.
I wish you the best

Closed Thread