It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2000, 06:59 AM   #1

calypso HB User
Talking Hello!

Hi!There were no messages posted when I got here so I'm posting the first!The other messages on the other board, is anyone going to post replies here?Anyway I'll ask again, how can you protect your tooth enamel if you throw up?OK bye.

Old 11-08-2000, 09:28 AM   #2

Bluize HB User
Unhappy

Calypso,
I don't think that this is "how to" forum on eating disorders. Please don't ask questions like how to protect your tooth enamel if you throw up...The only answer to you should be - stop throwing up. I don't think this forum is a promoter of eating disorders - I think it's meant to help people overcome their disorder. It's not meant to help people hide the fact that they have a disorder.

Quote:
Originally posted by calypso:
Hi!There were no messages posted when I got here so I'm posting the first!The other messages on the other board, is anyone going to post replies here?Anyway I'll ask again, how can you protect your tooth enamel if you throw up?OK bye.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2000, 04:01 PM   #3

calypso HB User
It wasn't a "how to" question really.I can't help throwing up right now so until I can stop I'd like to know how to limit the damage I do to myself.I don't promote eating disorders.

Old 11-09-2000, 08:24 AM   #4

Bluize HB User
Red face

Sorry to have been so "punchy" but it worries me that people do these things to themselves. I guess it's the "it won't happen to me" thing - but I can't imagine why after all the information that's out there, people still continue to harm themsleves.

In answer to your first question, logically, you can combat the acid on your tooth enamel with something basic - such as baking soda. Chemically, it makes sense - I don't know what you're long term results will be. I'm sure that you'll damage your tooth enamel eventually regardless of what you try.

Old 11-09-2000, 12:29 PM   #5

Marie HB User
Calypso, I think I replied on the old board to your question. I'm not sure if it was your, but a post like that by "Kelly" I did reply to. Check it out

Marie

Old 11-19-2000, 07:52 PM   #6

Tricky HB User
Red face

BlueEyes is right in that baking soda will help cut the acid that builds in your mouth after purging, but you WILL damage your teeth anyway. I never had a single cavity until I became bulimic/anorexic. I've been recovered for 3 yrs now, and my dentist still finds tiny cavities during each visit.

Do you want to get better? It's ok to say no -- it takes some time until you realize that you need to get better. The reason I'm asking is b/c your posts (this one, and the one about being thirsty) regarding bulimia seem rather flippant. So, are you in the stage that you want help, or are you in the stage that you still want weight loss tips?

Old 11-19-2000, 09:23 PM   #7

calypso HB User
I don't mean to sound like I'm just looking for help on how to lose weight.Right now I'm sorta in a stage where I know this is really bad but I don't want to gain back any weight. It's so stupid but I can't help it. And asking stuff about my teeth and being thirsty is just that I'm sort of in denial about how bad this is and it helps to have people say that no matter what I do I'm still doing damage. I'm sorry if I've been sounding really ditzy and insensitive.

Closed Thread