It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2006, 12:27 PM   #1
(female)

hippo HB User
Bloods and tests and general recovery

Hi all.

Its been a while since i posted in here and am ashamed to say since then ive well and truly become gripped by the world of ED's once again. Difference is, I finally found the 'strength' to get help and hopefully one day be rid of this THING that has taken my life over since '92, once and for all.

Ive been weighed weekly at my GP's, been assigned a CPN, spec CPN, Psychiatrist and on the waiting list for some sessions with a psychologist. All very, very scary. Psychiatrist has now ordered a full run of bloods and other tests this week.
Any idea what they are expecting to 'find' by doing this??

And please please say it gets easier than this because right now im not even sure im ready to give up such a massive 'part of my life'.

Old 10-27-2006, 01:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jonistyle2 HB User
Re: Bloods and tests and general recovery

oh, it does get easier, i promise! i know at the beginning it seems 100% daunting and overwhelming, but i swear it calms down and becomes "normal" and "routine" feeling within a month. It's just crazy hectic at first cuz you're nervous and scared about the changes to come, you don't know what to expect and on top of that, you feel like you have 14 doctor appointments a day! just try to keep your head up and remember that you DO want to get better and feel confident that you WILL get better.

blood work/labs are just a standard thing doctors do, so don't worry about that. they're just making sure that your electrolytes and heart and bones and other "body things" are working correctly (cuz we know that EDs can REALLY screw our bodies up). chances are they won't find anything, so it's not worth stressing over. if they do, then you deal with it when it comes, right? keep your chin up and smile through these tough days to come ... this IS the right thing to do and you'll be all the better for it! good luck!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread