| | ~~ Board Guidelines - Please Read ~~
The Following is an Overview of the HealthBoards Policy and Posting Guidelines.
Please read these ten simple guidelines and abide by them. Failure to follow these posting policies will result in the post in question to be edited or deleted, and consequently the member may lose their privileges to use the website.
- - - - - - - - - -
(1) Do not use obscene, explicit, vulgar or profane language or graphics in any of your posts. HealthBoards is intended for people of all ages, ethnicities and religions and all inappropriate posts will be deleted or edited immediately.
(2) Do not share contact information of any sort. E-mail addresses are included in this. We endorse this rule entirely as a safety precaution and no exceptions will be made. Contact information will be edited out upon recognition.
(3) Do not post hostile, threatening, intimidating or argumentative messages to another member. This will lead to the loss of the website use.
(4) Do not post questions/concerns regarding moderating issues on HealthBoards. Such queries should be sent to a moderator via the e-mail address of the moderator of the particular forum concerned. The moderators’ e-mail address can be found at the top left of each of the main forum pages. All moderators are happy to answer any questions you may have concerning the website use or guidelines. Please send this query to only ONE moderator.
(5) Do not post links to other websites without pre-approval from a moderator. Only .gov site are permitted without previous consent – with all others please contact a moderator first for approval. Also, do not share the names of websites that promote (or have links to) other message boards or chat rooms. Such links will be deleted immediately.
(6) All personal information should be KEPT personal. The aim here is for every member to have the freedom to discus all health topics anonymously. This means do not share ages, locations, names or any other related information that identifies you. Private information should not be shared under ANY circumstances.
(7) Associated with the above – please do not ASK a member for such information.
(8) Do not post threats of suicide, self-harm or threats of harm to others. Please remember, although HealthBoards is a place to come for support, advice, encouragement and more, it does not replace the need for professional help. If you do feel suicidal please contact a health professional or go to a hospital emergency room immediately.
(9) Please do not post a particular question you may have more than once on the message board. They are annoying and frustrate many members – and all will be deleted immediately.
(10) Do not use HealthBoards for any free advertising. This is prohibited – whether or not there is a ‘personal gain’ factor involved.
- - - - - - - - - -
***** Thank you for reading the guidelines *****