It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2007, 08:49 AM   #1
(male)

Willgetbetter HB User
Unhappy Binge eating

I am suffering anorexic, I have always been heavily into looking good and taking care of myself. I used to have an amazing body, I lifted weights and had a good diet. Last year I got hooed onto laxatives when my weight was going down and I also got hooked on caffiene pills for energy to train. alot of people say that I was loosing a huge amount of weight and muscle. I started to binge because of the laxatives and to appease other people with eating pizzas, ice cream etc, but as soon as I started I could not stop.

Last year I went to rehab because I lost so much weight, this did not help because I went because my parents wanted me to. I then suffered from collapsed lungs, the surgeons were unable to do the op due to me being such a low weight. I then left rehab after me pleading to be let out and then I lost another couple of kilos due to restricting because I could not work out.

I have come through re-feeding syndrome last year, and I have had my opps over 8 weeks ago. I have started at the gym again and I am desparate to look good again. I am not going crazy because I get fatigued very quickly, I am also only looking to build and put weight on. I am going every other day and I am going well.

My problem is I have started to binge again- I don't know why, but once I start I can't stop so much so it sometimes hurts.

any advice please!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-01-2007, 01:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User
Re: Binge eating

Are you in therapy? If not, you should look into seeing a therapist and maybe trying to identify triggers that lead you to bingeing. Are you eating enough calories now even with going to the gym? If you are undereating or if your diet is lacking in certain nutrients (like protein or iron), that could lead to bingeing. If you have food habits where you only eat 1 meal a day and not small frequent meals throughout the day, that could set you up for a binge. Perhaps you should consult a dietician to examine your diet (be sure you are getting enough calories and nutrients) and then work on identifying your triggers for bingeing. Also, take a good multi-vitamin with trace minerals each day, that will help with getting the proper nutrients in your diet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2007, 01:36 AM   #3
(male)

Willgetbetter HB User

Thanks for that,

Unfortunately I have continued the same binge behaviour for 5 days in a row. All I hear from people is I need to eat more as I am putting on weight (muscle I need to put in more nutrients. The problem is I don't know when I am full, I have had theropy but I don't really believe in it so it did not help a great deal. I seem to be going from 1 anerexic action to the other scale of binge eating- I know I am doing it but I seem to enjoy it and use it to escape.

I think that I getting enough cals so there is no reason for binge. I also seem to binge on almost anything now aswell.

Is it because I am growing? I went through starvation period end of last year is my body still starved or am I getting over that? some doctors said that once you have starved yourself it takes a long time to get out of starvation mode? (not sure on that theory?)

Thank you For your help [/I]

Old 04-09-2007, 03:18 PM   #4
(female)

emina HB User

Hey there ^.^
Oh, my heart goes out to you. I know exactly how you feel; I suffered from anorexia for a year, then that went right into binge eating. Let me just say, from a personal experience point of view, please get help. Overeaters annonymous or a therapist, it doesnt matter, as long as it works. If you let the bingeing get out of control (As if it isnt already >.<) it'll be hell.
My problem was that I kept trying to immediately combat the WEIGHT GAIN from the bingeing with dieting, instead of focusing on the REAL problem, the bingeing itself. So, that started a year long cycle of binge-diet-binge-diet. If you are dieting right now to try to lose the weight gained from bingeing, STOP! Don't look at eating as bingeing or not bingeing...look at it as nurishment. Eat what you want, when you're hungry (I know the hunger signals kind of leave when bingeing) and NOT in front of the tv or computer.
That's what's worked for me, and I'm recovering after a year!! Finally!
I really hope this helped and that you can begin to recover from the bingeing soon.
Best of luck!
Emina

Old 04-11-2007, 03:29 AM   #5
(male)

Willgetbetter HB User

Thank you for the advice,

I am struggling when it comes to understanding why I continue to binge. I am not however on a diet. I want to put on more weight because I am getting stronger- however I am getting a little worried about the loss of control. Would you say that it is because I am growing?

I have no idea-

Old 04-11-2007, 03:09 PM   #6
(female)

emina HB User

No problem ^.^ That's why we're all here
In response to your last question...I honestly have no idea. It's a very good possibility that your overeating is attributed to the fact that you're still growing. However, its not normal, or even healthy, to feel out of control with your eating.
I am no doctor. I think you should look into seeing one, talk to them and see it there's some medical reason behind it. Maybe ask them what, if anything, can be done.
Again, best of luck ^.^

Old 04-24-2007, 05:03 AM   #7
(female)

abbec HB User

This is my first time on this website, i have been suffering from an eating disorder for about 15 months now and have been trying to see somebody for about 3 months now...i have bulima, i binge and diet i do eveything i dont quiet know what i class myself as...i read through so many messages but yours meant so much as i feel your pain that uncontrollable binging you feel crazy sometimes, if you ever need to talk please message back as im in desperate need of a friend who knows how this feels...ive been doing this everyday for months and months it scary and if i find any info i will let you know, please do the same if you find something that works

Closed Thread