It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
(female)

artistrybysam HB User
Ive lost a lot of weight. When will it be enough?

Hi. My name is Samantha, and honestly, Im here because I need to know Im not the only one. I need some sort of support in this struggle. I need to get things under control.

deleted

I had diabetes and was starting to have other health problems. I decided to do what everyone knows is the only true way to weight loss: begin eating in a healthy manner and begin an exercise routine.

deleted

Then I went into the hospital for a week. My electrolyes were depleated and my blood pressure was dangerously low. I have since put on about ten pounds--but I have also developed a terrible eating disorder. The way I look drives me crazy. I am smart enough to know what I see in the mirror isnt whats there, but Im not strong enough to overcome my disordered view. I think about my weight and what I eat every minute of every day. I have tried to end my life.

deleted

I cannot stop. Why did I change my life in the right way, just to get here and begin to do everything wrong. Im so exhausted. I cant stand living as the "fat" girl any longer.

Im sorry! I just had to get it all out.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-25-2007 at 06:25 PM. Reason: removed triggering comments.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:39 PM   #2
(female)

Cup of coffee HB User
Re: Ive lost a lot of weight. When will it be enough?

It sounds like you traded ED behavior. You went from overeating to undereating. I've never been anything but a few pounds overweight, but it was enough to get me exercising and watching what I eat. Then wham, bam I was underweight and in the middle of a stuggle with body image, food and control.

I had to get professional help. I'll say a little prayer for you.

deleted

Blessings,
GloBones

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-25-2007 at 10:10 PM. Reason: inappropriate

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2007, 06:57 PM   #3
(female)

artistrybysam HB User
Re: Ive lost a lot of weight. When will it be enough?

I appreciate that more than you know. Im actually seeing a therepist now, and while she helps, sometimes i feel like we arent on the same page. Shes much older than I am, and I feel like she isnt relating to me. She tries explaining all of these long winded ideas to me, that sound like theyre coming out of an instruction manuel. I feel like by the time shes done ranting, Ive already forgotten what we were talking about. Ha. Well, Im taking things a day at a time. I purged repeatedly today, but tomorrow is a new day.

Wow, just a little conversation here really made me feel better. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloBones View Post
It sounds like you traded ED behavior. You went from overeating to undereating. I've never been anything but a few pounds overweight, but it was enough to get me exercising and watching what I eat. Then wham, bam I was underweight and in the middle of a stuggle with body image, food and control.

I had to get professional help. I'll say a little prayer for you.

deleted

Blessings,
GloBones

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-25-2007 at 10:10 PM.

Closed Thread