It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 09:42 PM   #1
(female)

Emrell HB User
Question Help to ease bloating

I am BEYOND frustrated, and any tips would be greatly appreciated.

It seems that no matter what I eat, by the end of the day I am SOOO bloated and uncomfortable that it hurts. I'm not even eating THAT much, just enough to maintain. And because of this I get sooo depressed when I look in the mirror cuz all I see is fat hanging off my tummy and sides and everywhere. It depresses me, but I KNOW I have to continue on. How can I ease the discomfort, and minimize the bloated belly? Anti-gas tablets don't do any good.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASDGRMama HB User
Re: Help to ease bloating

I have a lot of problems with bloating (and gas) when I eat also. I've found dairy and wheat are my worst offenders.

If I stick to mostly raw foods or eating a small amount of one type of food at a time it seems to reduce it.

I've tried tums and mylanta but they didn't help at all.

Have you talked with your dr about it? Mine suggested that I may have Crohn's but didn't recommend testing for now (said to come back if it gets worse or doesn't improve).

I've always had digestive problems though. It started with constipation, gas, and bloating in my teens (I'm 31). I've tried various "diets" in the past to no avail (vegetarianism, veganism, low carb, high carb etc...) and the herbal/natural remedies I've tried didn't help either (peppermint, ginger, parsley, liquid calcium, chlorophyll, etc...). I've also been tested for Celiac disease which came back negative.

I don't know where you're at in your recovery but if you've gone a considerable amount of time not eating regularly your body may just need to work the kinks out as it gets used to digesting food again. I would really recommend you see a dietician (I'm considering that myself). Maybe s/he could help you reintroduce foods gradually. S/he could help guide you through eliminating the foods that cause the most discomfort and offer replacement suggestions.

I know it's so frustrating. For me it's really difficult to continue wanting recovery when I feel so badly. (((HUGS)))

Love, Kelly

P.S. Are you eating a lot of high fiber foods? Drinking more water is supposed to help bloating caused by a high fiber intake.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread