It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
(female)

RUDMAN HB User
A Cry out

Excuse my spelling. I am 34 years old, and I have suffered from an eating disorder since the age of 16. Change from girl to woman was something I couldn't hadle. I was sexually abused, however now I am in a good relationship with my partner, but not with me. Last time I wrote on this message board I felt nothing but shame. The rubbish I wrote was alochol fused. I am receiving help for my alcohol intake which I am grateful for. However alcohol for me is very mixed, even fixed with my need for sweet food, as alchol contains alot of sugar. I am hoping for a ditox this year, but I'm petrifried! Drink and Bulimia are so linked for me. C

Old 01-01-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kilgore52 HB User
Re: A Cry out

Yes, I understand what you are saying. I had a hard time from girl to woman. With controlling parents and low self esteem, the one thing that I could have control of was bullima. It was so easy for me and the more that I consumed sugar, the happier I was and throwing up was so easy to get rid of it. It was my secret and no one knew. One day as I was throwing up, I noticed that this time I had blood coming up too. It was an eye opener for me and now I knew that I would kill myself by continuing to do this to myself. I was too smart and strong to let this happen to me. Besides, I was ruining my looks and teeth plus wasting so much time. The high that I got from sugar was not enough to change my loneliness and unhapiness with myself. I got a therapist to help me see what I needed to do before it was too late. It was a long process for me , but I realized that I was just trying to somehow medicate myself. The reality was that I couldn't find myself and i felt inadequite. My game was over and I had to grow up and accept my fears. I was not abused by anyone except myself. I was really good at that. So my dear, your cry is a great step for you and i hope that you get help before you drown in self destruction.

Last edited by kilgore52; 01-01-2010 at 07:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2010, 10:28 PM   #3
(male)

LizDare HB User
Re: A Cry out

Hi there,
I just wanted to stop in and say thank you. I was in a relationship with a girl that had an ED, and I never had any idea how hard of a change it is from a girl to a women really is. I also wanted say that this place is felled with people who are here to help you, just have to give them time.

Last edited by LizDare; 01-02-2010 at 10:28 PM.

Closed Thread