It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
(female)

FighterSurvivor HB User
Water retention-bloating from ED.

Hello all,

Was hoping someone could provide words of encouragement...
I am recovering from anorexia and bulimia. I was in treatment went through refeeding, having been starved and severely malnourished, and all my water retention went away while in treatment. Since I gained weight I freaked out and have returned to bulimia for a little over 6 months. However, my mind set changed and I truly want to recover now and have been doing structured eating and seeing a nutritionist and all. My body is freaking out since I'm eating again because I scared my body for the second time. Now I have a lot of bloating and water retention...I'm scared it won't go away in time. Maybe it's because my evil eating disorder is trying to discourage me out of my own recovery so I return to my eating disorder and giving up on recovery. Has anyone had experience with recovery and going through the not so fun symptoms of recovery such as, bloating-water retention etc? Any words of advice? I would love to hear all experiences. Thank you!!!!

Old 08-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
(female)

kazma HB User
Re: Water retention-bloating from ED.

Hey
Well done for deciding to give recovery another go I have been through the horror of weight gain and refeeding and so I know the symptoms. I know that a lot of the symptoms will dissappear with time, I have seen it in friends of mine but I think you are right with saying the "evil eating disorder" wants you to give in because that is exactly what has happened to me. I hope you can get through it though. I am serious about recovery now too so I know I will also have those things to not look forward too. Keep up the good work and hang in there

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread