It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
(female)

uhh701 HB User
Signs I'm developing an ED?

Ok so... I don't know if this is necessarily an eating disorder, in fact I'm pretty sure it isn't, but my parents have expressed some concern about my changes in diet so here goes nothing. I have always had major body images issues, since maybe junior high or something (senior in high school now). But this August I really started to actively try to lose weight by making sure I keep track of every single little thing I eat each day. At first I got serious and made sure I didn't go over a certain number of cals. Then one day I ate more than that and just felt absolutely disgusted with myself... I realized this wasn't normal so I tried to eat the higher number for a few more days because I didn't want to become like addicted to eating less. But then during the school week it is just so easy because I can eat the smaller number (which is not nothing, this number allows me to eat) and still eat when I'm hungry, just in small amounts of healthy foods. I still eat things like pizza sometimes, but only on the weekends when I sometimes get up to what is only slightly under my recommended amount for my hiehgt and weight.

We don't have scales in my house so I can't weigh myself but I measure my waist approx 3 times a day. I do still definitely eat enough, but I vary it, and I won't EVER go over <a certain amount of calories> and then on the weeks I try to compensate by eating a low-medium cal amount most days. I think that's still enough food but I just started eating like this anyway... are these signs that I might develop an ed?

Last edited by mod-anon; 10-10-2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: edited triggering passages

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
(female)

acs7 HB User
Re: Signs I'm developing an ED?

It sounds like you are becoming obsessed with what you consume, if you don't stop it now, this obsession could become a monster and destroy you. I'm in a somewhat similar position as you (I think I am in the beginning stages of an ED), but I have had family members who at first thought their EDs were no big deal but they ended up being deadly.

Closed Thread