It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2010, 02:48 AM   #1
(male)

xthegeminix HB User
No support (partially recovered)

backround info

my ed started in HS I was overweight and made fun of and picked up odd habits to get it off I ended up truly starving my self after gaining some back and ended up at an ed clinic at 22 (I am in partial recovery for the past few years) I am 27 now

I have been here a few times and right now I am about to cry my body still gives me hell (I never finished treatment at my ed clinic years back, I had a choice of college or what my mom calls the luxury of an ED treatment) my parents still woun't allow or believe its still a problem. I haven't restricted that I am aware of I have always had appetite problems, somehow they have gotten worse I also after gaining a little weight back get a severly distended (bloated stomach) that gets bigger as the day goes on. I am ready to cry and rip my hair out my mom believes at 27 my excuse at my body is an adhd tactic to avoid work. I reply its a little hard to work when your hungry (ravenous) even thou your sticking to your calorie intake set up by my nutrisionist, I go over a little and don't really worry that much at this point. I can't be chained to a frige eating all day and night either. I am male which makes this more embarresing.

I started with and ed in HS. I don't know what to do I have a small savings acount to open up to continue treatment I am not even sure my ED clinic can help with what ever metabolic state I am in. (then its a waste of money)

I am scared my mother rides me that its just a mental disorder that makes me agitated when I keep telling her all this (she thinks because I get out for one or two hours maybe a night or two a week its really inmaturity and add and I don't want to do anything with my life).

The last year all my gastro found was mild non erosive gastrites (said it couldn't be causing this and it was hunger, and a very small hiatal hernia which couldn't cause this. I have had colonoscopys and endoscopys and if I can't get my body to be quiet and stop driving me insane I am <upset>. I made an apoint monday back at my ed clinic nearly going broke they only charged me half the price of evaluation when they heard what I said was happening. My mother had very negative comments about they program and thought the nutrisionist was just trying to teach me how to starve my self in a healthier manner. I feel like I have no one to turn to.

Last edited by mod-anon; 10-13-2010 at 06:01 AM. Reason: edited triggering passages

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread