It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
(female)

sarahj08 HB User
Confused?

I've been struggling with my weight for years now (since about 6th grade). I'm a senior in high school right now and I'm at my lowest weight, which I'm pretty happy about, but I've become kind of obsessed with it, of course. It seems to come in waves. Some weeks or months, I won't think about it at all but sometimes I just get weighed down by it.
Recently, though, it seems that I've been having intense cravings for food. Sometimes it isn't even a specific kind of food, just food in general. Its not typical hunger though, it usually happens after I've started eating. For example, if I were to eat a normal meal, I would finish it and then keep feeling as though I want to eat. And I usually give in because I feel as though I absolutely have to eat and if I don't, I just keep thinking about it anyway. It usually leads me to eat many things in one sitting. I've done this several times in the last few weeks, sometimes more than once a week. It used to happen to me occasionally, which I knew was a normal thing for people to do, but now it seems to be more frequent and its frustrating me more than anything.
A few months ago I developed an anxiety disorder and I went about two months or so obsessing about my health, not my weight. I lost a lot of weight because I just didn't eat, not because I wanted to lose weight, but because I was so wrapped up in my anxious thoughts that I didn't even think of food. I felt great about my body during that time, of course, but I knew it wasn't healthy. After I got over the worst of the anxiety, the eating seemed to start. I don't know if there's a connection between that and this eating habit I've developed but its definitely something I've considered.
I do work out as much as my schedule allows me to. I run one to two miles, walk a few miles, or use an elliptical trainer when I have the time but it still worries me a lot. I don't know if I have any kind of binge eating disorder but I'd like to get some feedback about this and maybe some tips on stopping when I start these binges.

Last edited by sarahj08; 10-13-2010 at 05:24 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread