It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
(female)

seeker04 HB User
What is my "behavior" classified as?

hey, i'm a 17 years old girl, i'm 155 cm and about 55kg. so i've been wondering about this for quite a long time. i hope u guys can help

so here, since about (i think) 6 or 8 months ago, (only) when i felt like i've been VERY overeating, i'll go to the bathroom after i ate, and then threw up what i just ate. but i don't think i threw up all the foods i ate, just a bit, cause i never felt hungry after wards.

and then for the last 1 or 2 months, it went from doing it only about once for every 4 or 5 days to at least once for every 1 to 3 days. but still, after i thrown up, i never felt quite hungry, and i can control whether i want to throw up or not, and i still do this only when it felt like i've been overeating. so i don't think that i'm a bulimic or anything else though.

what do you say? thank you for responding

Last edited by seeker04; 11-15-2010 at 01:20 PM.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Re: What is my "behavior" classified as?

I think you are bulimic and need to get treatment. Vomiting can tear your esophagus, ruin your digestive system, ruin your teeth and perhaps make you go blind. And yes, vomiting is usually after eating too much.

Please get yourself into treatment. What you're doing is dangerous. Is it beyond your control yet - can you stop?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2010, 01:47 PM   #3
(female)

aileb HB Useraileb HB Useraileb HB Useraileb HB User
Re: What is my "behavior" classified as?

"i can control whether i want to throw up or not, and i still do this only when it felt like i've been overeating."

I use to say that about my anorexia, bulimia, laxative, diet pill abuse etc....

I thought I could control all those disorders but the truth is when you throw up, you are giving up your control. The eating disordered thoughts are in control.

I am sure that you may not believe this now but this sounds like bulimia.

Eventually, bulimia will take over every aspect of your life. I have lost my job, loved ones, I have an ulcer, no gallbladder, on medication, have passed out and needed stitches, need an endoscopy, and have had my doctor tell me that I could die. That list doesn't include the physical or psychological effects.

I know that as you read that, you will think that it will never happen to you because you are in control. I also use to read people's stories and think that I wouldn't let myself go that far and yet here I am 6 years deeper in my disorder.

Now, that I started recovery I am learning that it takes more control to keep yourself in recovery than to give into the eating disorder.

Good Luck!!

Closed Thread