It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2010, 03:33 AM   #1
(female)

MandaLynn94 HB User
Could i have an Eating Disorder?

my names Manda, im 16 i weigh ruffly around 132 and im 5'8. ive already been diagnosed with depression and anixety, and im wondering if i have an eating dissorder, also if the eating dissorder could of brought on the depression and anixey. in 5th grade i started eating, alot to cope with the death of my grandmother, befor then i was really slinder and a happy kid. after i started putting on weight i grew slightly depressed but ever since 8th grade (maybe even before that) i started skipping meals, i wouldnt eat in front of anyone and lost at leased 30 pounds in only a few months. i would go 2-5 days with out eating sometimes longer, to loose weight then id gain it back because i would just eat and eat and eat. i still sorta have the same problem today, i thought what ever was happening to me was over, i guess i should mintion that about a year after all this started i got black outs and even passed out, tho i was never taken to the doctor. ever since then i thought i was fine, but looking back i wasnt i still was doing the same thing, and i still am today, durring the week i dont eat hardly anything, and on the weekends i eat sometimes alot but lately it has been alot less. im worried that i might have an eating disorder, and if i do my mom doesnt want me to tell a councler (i have one for the other stuff listed) because she doesnt want then to put me in a foster home. i dont know what to do, i dont want to really tell anyone i know about it, but if theres something wrong then i rather deal with it sooner rather than later.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
(female)

aileb HB Useraileb HB Useraileb HB Useraileb HB User
Re: Could i have an Eating Disorder?

Hi,

You are right, if there is something wrong then it's best to deal with it now.

It's best to start off by taking a free online eating disorder screening. Then, you can talk to your mom about the results and ask if you can talk to your school nurse about the results. (I am sorry but i'm not familiar with the foster care system. Would they remove you from your mom if you had an eating disorder?)

I have black out before and I know how dangerous it could be. An eating disorder or disordered eating can quickly spiral and damage your health so please don't put it off. Can you keep us updated on what you decide to do?

Closed Thread