It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2010, 03:03 AM   #1
(female)

knittingirl HB User
Recovered but wobbling

Hi

When I was about 17/18 I developed anorexia, my weight plummeted, and I exercised obsessively. Over a few years I managed to pull myself out, and by the time I was about 21 I considered myself recovered.

Over the last year I've had a lot of big changes in my life, and all of a sudden I'm finding myself having thoughts that I thought were long gone. By big changes I mean I've moved out of my parent's house, moved city, changed job and got married, so, big changes!

Suddenly I'm finding myself focusing on what my body looks like again, I'm not restricting food but I am panicking when I eat so called 'junk' food (a chocolate bar, cake), and getting hyped about the need to do more exercise - and I know the real reason behind this is that I don't want to put on weight rather than for health.

Has anyone been through this or can give me some support? I don't weigh myself, I haven't since I recovered, and I have put a ban on myself of looking at my body in the mirror until at least the new year. My family is very supportive, but they have already been through so much. This may just be a wobble and not be going anywhere, but I want to make sure I stop it before it does.

Thanks
katie xxx

Closed Thread