It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2010, 05:32 PM   #1
(male)

Mikesta HB User
Unhappy possible ED? pains, vomiting, gagging??

yeah so there are probably 1000 threads like this but havent read anything with my exact situation:

so everyday when i wake up u have massive stomach pain (as if i havent eaten in days). if i dont eat something quickly, i wil start gagging and puke. so i usually force down a cookie down my throat cuz i cant eat much (anything at all) after i just woke up. after a cookie the pain goes away and im fine for awhile untill the pain comes back again. however since im all awake now i take a bite of something to make the pain go away and then i can eat like normal.

and that continues with dinner.

however sometimes i have the "hunger" pain, and even so i cant eat. if i try to eat i will gag and puke right away as soon as i get something in my mouth. :S

another thing ive had for as long as i can remember is that i cant eat certain types of food like "crunchy" (not cookie crunchy but raw vegetable crunchy). like tomatoes, unions, cucumbers, raw brocoli, uncooked potatoes etc etc so basically i never ever eat vegetables or fruits. if i try, i will gag and puke.

its getting worse and worse and it used to be only be a problem when i ate bad things. but now the gagging and puking start happening even when i dont eat.

i have no idea what it is but since it started out with food, feels like a hunger pain, and sometimes prevents me from eating. i figured i wud come here!

please help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2010, 03:31 AM   #2
(female)

knittingirl HB User
Re: possible ED? pains, vomiting, gagging??

Hi Mikesta

What you have described doesnít sound like an eating disorder, which is a largely psychological thing which manifests in hyper focus on food and appearance, but it sounds more like a physical problem.

If it is that you physically canít eat (rather than mentally canít eat) ie your body is rejecting the food, then I would go and see your doctor. There are all sorts of things that can cause problems with keeping down food, and you should get it checked out as soon as possible.

knittingirl

Old 12-30-2010, 07:24 AM   #3
(male)

Mikesta HB User

doctors have no idea what it is. they just say its in my mind and i have to force myself to eat things. (i tried once but weeks of puking everyday resulted in me weighing less then 55 kilos even though im 1.95m so that didnt work out to well)

i honestly do not know if its physical reactions or mental reactions that make me puke since neither can be proven.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
(female)

aileb HB Useraileb HB Useraileb HB Useraileb HB User

I think that you should also post this on the "Digestive Disorders" section of this board.

Have you had a gastric emptying study/test? It sounds like the symptoms of slow emptying which include primarily nausea, vomiting, and abdominal fullness after eating.

The Following User Says Thank You to aileb For This Useful Post:
sjb (12-30-2010)
Old 12-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #5
(male)

Mikesta HB User

im willing to do any tests so thanks for telling me

im not super bright so i take my info from what i read but if it has anything to do with slow emptying, then why do i puke before it gets to my stomach? the puking and gagging are reactions from when i chew certain foods.

also i feel best after i eat haha the problem is usually that cuz of the pains, its hard to start eating. but once i do, the pain goes away.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi are there any medicines?

What tests have the doctors actually completed?

Has an Amas test been done?

Last edited by sjb; 12-30-2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: addition made

Closed Thread