It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
(female)

smileyleah HB User
18 and dont know what to do :(

Hello my name is Leah and i just recently moved to college. I know everyone says that people will gain their freshman 15 BUT when i moved to college i started using the rec center everyday and eating healthier than i ever had in my entire life. Even my roommates talk about how i am so crazy to eat as healthy as i do. I have been on the regime for awhile now and i have been getting really frustrated because i cannot seem to lose weight.All i do is keep gaining. Also alcohol is not an issue because i do not drink. Some issue that i am worried about is that my mom has a pretty bad case of hypothyroidism and a couple years ago the doctor checked my levels and said they were a little off but nothing to be worried about. So in those couple of years could they have changed? Also when doing homework, which seems like all i do, i like to eat. I feel like its a stress reliver and calms me down if i can munch on something while i study. I am also one of those people though that eats when im stressed, happy, sad, anything. I will eat an entire meal and when im done feel like im hungrier than when i started. I dont know how to put it in words but its like i like the sensation of eating, sometimes im not necessarily hungry but i want to be eating something. Im just getting really sad because everyone keeps telling me that exercise and eating healthy will do the trick but obviously it doesnt because i eat healthy and exercise but at the same time overeat i think and i just keep gaining weight. I dont know what to do anymore because whenever i try to bring it up to someone in my family or friends they dont take me seriously because they dont think i have anything to worry about but i am 5'5'' and almost 150 pounds. I just really need some help and i dont know what to do anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User
Re: 18 and dont know what to do :(

When you snack, try to eat healthier foods. Fresh vegies, and a little dip, or yogurt , are really good choices. Their are also low fat crackers, popcorn , and even ice creams. If I were you, I would not have any snack foods that are fattening in the house, or apt. Low fat butter also , and if you need to cook with oil, use Olive oil.
Thing is a person has to eat so much a day, just to be able to lose weight, because the body will go into starvation mode, making it easier to gain weight.
Try cutting down on high fat snacks, and try to exercise a few times a week. Even you walk that is also good exercise.

Closed Thread