It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
(female)

macattack101 HB User
I hope Im doing the right thing.

I used to binge and sometimes purge but my counselor (im BP) said thats wrong?! So.. Whenever i get upset I eat. ALOT, cakes, pizza;s,burger,pop, ice cream,cookies,chips , choc,candy,meat, sandwitches, Kd, grilled cheese, hot dogs, bagels,donuts ;EVVERYTHING, but because i hate my body my mom bought me a treadmill and i joined the field hockey team , and i work out constantly after eating, my mom has started limiting my time on the treadmill , making me skip practice, its gotten weird, not ive been reading up on bulimia and aparently theres more then one way of being bulimic !? Because my mom thinks the way i workout directly after consuming calorie is wrong.. idk what to do, i have lost 8lbs in 3weeks..And everyone says it isnt normal but it iss. right!?

Old 05-30-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
(female)

krlsgrl HB User
Re: I hope Im doing the right thing.

Hi, Macattack,

I have been bulimic in the past and now use exercise to control my weight. I am a lot healthier now that I don't purge (by throwing up) but still have trouble accepting myself for my normal weight. Maybe this is something like your situation?
Lately I realize (after reading) that some of this deals with my not being able to handle feelings. When I don't want to feel, I overeat. Then I feel I have to exercise. It's kind of a rat race, in a circle. And it's making me unhappy.
How are you doing lately:?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2011, 07:46 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: I hope Im doing the right thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macattack101 View Post
I used to binge and sometimes purge but my counselor (im BP) said thats wrong?! So.. Whenever i get upset I eat.

because i hate my body my mom bought me a treadmill my mom has started limiting my time on the treadmill ,
ive been reading up on bulimia and aparently theres more then one way of being bulimic !?
my mom thinks the way i workout directly after consuming calorie is wrong.. idk what to do, i have lost 8lbs in 3weeks..And everyone says it isnt normal but it iss. right!?
Hello macattack,

It is unclear to me what your counselor is implying by saying your eating behaviors are "wrong."

Your mother seems to be concerned about you and definitely is onto something.

You are correct;bulimia can have many facets to it.

The only thing "normal" about having an eating disorder is described in what those with it "normally" do when experiencing said disorder.

I tend to agree with the masses with respect to your workout ritual but something tells me that you may be fighting yourself on this point.

Respectfully,
Phoenix

Closed Thread