It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
(female)

colombiana14 HB User
confused..anyone please help

hey all..ive been posting sum threads throughout this website..had ankle surgery in march..had a miscarriage in dec and have been abusing meds. during my ankle recovery period I lost about 15 lbs and got a lot of compliments about it. I am 5'3ish and right now i am 168lbs. When i was younger well maybe about 2005 i started to abuse pain killers and started to throw up after binge eating (is that correct) and lost alot of weight...i gained it all back and even more to my dissapointment i had 2 miscarriages in one year. Anyhow...i have started to stop drinking sodas and stuff but i do binge alot and then force myself to throw everything up. I have done that to the point where i get blotches on my face from forcing myself to throw up. i want to lose about 20 lbs more and i realy want to do it the correct way but its so hard to not throw up after i eat..even snacks. what do i do..im so frustrated and i guess i have to admit that i have a problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: confused..anyone please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by colombiana14 View Post
i want to lose about 20 lbs more and i realy want to do it the correct way but its so hard to not throw up after i eat..even snacks. what do i do..im so frustrated and i guess i have to admit that i have a problem.
Hello colombiana,

Please don't feel ashamed to admit that you have an eating disorder.

Once you admit it,you begin to liberate yourself from the isolation of keeping it inside.

I hope that you seek the help that you both need and deserve.

Respectfully,
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 06-05-2011 at 08:35 AM. Reason: summarized point

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

thaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB User

Hi from me too.
You have been through quite a lot of emotional trauma recently and therefore you are justified to feel a little "disordered"!! However, all this is having underlying causes which have to do with how you perceive yourself and whether deep down you like yourself.
Usually a low self esteem is the root cause of this. Hence if you try to build up your self- esteem, the need to binge and throw up will ease and lose its control on you.
Psychotherapy is one other option, because it will help you address the root of the problem and teach you howto deal with it.
I have also been suffering from bulimia my entire life but it is only through regular exercise and eating healthily that I have managed to control my weight and stop being controlled by it. Through psychotherapy I have recognized the primary cause ( low-self esteem) and I have come to accept the fact that I will always have to be careful around food.
Like you I have suffered from red blotches, caused by broken little veins on the face, problems with my stomach etc so this road is not a good one, and one would be wise to deal with the problem once and for all.
Take care of yourself please. I am sure there are people who care about you and think you are truly wonderful.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
(female)

Willow84 HB User

Write sown what ur going to eat over the next 3 days. Be realistic and don't stop urself from treats if you know u will need them. Do a food shop and only buy on ur list. STICK TO IT! Then u have no need to binge. Stop now before it ruins your life. I wish someone told most of us on here that! You won't loose weight forever binging. Your body will find a way to beat it and hold on to everything- water, air (bloatedness), fat.

Look after your body.

I'm sorry to hear about your miscarraiges

Old 06-06-2011, 08:17 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Colombiana,

Willow has raised a valid point in her post,that I would like to comment on.

It is true that you will not lose weight forever being bulimic.

The body has a way of "shutting down" its' response to certain stimuli at times,as it goes into survival mode.

I am a testament to that;losing enough weight to compete with those on the show The Biggest Loser.

My body must've realized what had transpired and went into "ENOUGH" mode.

I'll leave it at that,for oh,so many reasons.

Respectfully,
Phoenix

Closed Thread